¿Vale la pena tener intermediarios financieros propios? Un examen a la literatura reciente
[Does it worth having local financial intermediaries? An examination onto recent literature]
Does a small economy benefit from having local financial intermediaries? If "yes", then what can be done to ameliorate the performance of local financial intermediaries? This article it is made a review on theoretical and empirical literature related with both questions. Two strands of the literature are explored: that which relates finance and growth and that which is devoted to "home bias". Both approaches give support to the idea of local financial intermediaries even in small economies.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lewis, K.K., 1998. "Explaining Home Bias in Equities and Consumption," Weiss Center Working Papers 98-05, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Caprio, Gerard, Jr & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 1998.
"The Role of Long-Term Finance: Theory and Evidence,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 171-89, August.
- Caprio Jr., Gerard & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli, 1997. "The role of long term finance : theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1746, The World Bank.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1999. "A new database on financial development and structure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2146, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Nenova, Tatiana, 2000. "Corporate risk around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2271, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Stock market development and financial intermediary growth : a research agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1159, The World Bank.
- Bossone, Biagio, 1999. "Financial development and industrial capital accumulation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2201, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1999. "Bank-based and market-based financial systems - cross-country comparisons," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2143, The World Bank.
- Dong He & Pardy, Robert, 1993. "Stock market development and financial deepening in developing countries : some correlation patterns," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1084, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.