Estimating contribution of factors to long-term growth in Romania
The paper analyses the dynamics and structure of GDP in Romania during the transition period. Starting from the classical Cobb-Douglas production model, the paper investigates different scenarios for the Romanian economy on the basis of different assumptions regarding the model’s parameters. The adapted model also tries to cover the implications of some peculiarities of the Romanian transition economy, such as a large agricultural sector.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 1989.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Balasubramanyam, V N & Salisu, M & Sapsford, David, 1996.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 92-105, January.
- V N Balasubramanyam & M Salisu & David Sapsford., . "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries," Working Papers ec18/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Albu, Lucian-Liviu & Roudoi, Andrei, 2003.
"Scenarios of economic development in Romania - medium to long-term forecasting models,"
13588, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu & Roudoi, Andrei, 2003. "Scenarios Of Economic Development In Romania – Medium To Long-Term Forecasting Models," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(5), pages 64-77, December.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 1996. "Macromodels of the Romanian transition Economy," MPRA Paper 35810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Croitoru, Lucian & Tarhoaca, Cornel, 2003. "The Romanian Growth Potential – A Cge Analysis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 7-22, December.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1993.
"The role of macroeconomic factors in growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 485-512, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14729. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.