Human Capital vs Physical Capital: A cross country analysis of human development strategies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rizwana Siddiqui, 2009. "Human Capital vs. Physical Capital: A Cross-Country Analysis of Human Development Strategies," PIDE-Working Papers 2009:51, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Rizwana Siddiqui, 2009. "Human Capital vs. Physical Capital : A Cross-Country Analysis of Human Development Strategies," Labor Economics Working Papers 22982, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Good and bad growth: The human development reports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 631-638, May.
- Goldstein, Joshua S., 1985. "Basic human needs: The plateau curve," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 595-609, May.
- Lucia Hanmer & Robert Lensink & Howard White, 2003. "Infant and child mortality in developing countries: Analysing the data for Robust determinants," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 101-118.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
- Richard J. Szal, 1980. "Operationalising the Concept of Basic Needs," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 19(3), pages 237-246.
- Hicks, Norman L., 1979. "Growth vs basic needs: Is there a trade-off?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(11-12), pages 985-994.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rashida Haq & Uzma Zia, 2013. "Multidimensional Wellbeing: An Index of Quality of Life in a Developing Economy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 997-1012, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman capital; Physical capital; Income per capita; Basic needs Expenditures; Human Development;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-03-14 (Development)
- NEP-HRM-2009-03-14 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-SEA-2009-03-14 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .