The role of household income and public provision of social services in satisfaction of basic needs in Pakistan: A cross district analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Howard White, 1999. "Global poverty reduction: are we heading in the right direction?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 503-519.
- Lucia Hanmer & Robert Lensink & Howard White, 2003. "Infant and child mortality in developing countries: Analysing the data for Robust determinants," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 101-118.
- Jeffrey Alwang & Bradford F. Mills & Nelson Taruvinga, 2002. "Why Has Poverty Increased in Zimbabwe?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14060, April.
- Zeba A. Sathar, 1987. "Seeking Explanations for High Levels of Infant Mortality in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 55-70.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
- Hicks, Norman L., 1979. "Growth vs basic needs: Is there a trade-off?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(11-12), pages 985-994.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hasan, Lubna, 2007.
"On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living,"
7413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lubna Hasan, 2008. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," PIDE-Working Papers 2008:46, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Lubna Hasan, 2008. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," Microeconomics Working Papers 22194, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hasan, Lubna Hasan, 2007. "On Measuring the Complexity of Urban Living," MPRA Paper 6619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBasic Needs; Public Services; Household Income; Poverty;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-08-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-08-14 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .