Demand for Foreign Exchange Reserves in India: A Co-integration Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grubel, Herbert G, 1971. "The Demand for International Reserves: A Critical Review of the Literature," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 1148-1166, December.
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Shen, Chung-Hua, 1999. "Applying the seasonal error correction model to the demand for international reserves in Taiwan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 107-131, January.
- Clark, Peter B, 1970. "Optimum International Reserves and the Speed of Adjustment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 356-376, March-Apr.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1974. "The Demand for International Reserves by Developed and Less-Developed Countries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(161), pages 14-24, February.
- Marc-André Gosselin & Nicolas Parent, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Foreign Exchange Reserves in Emerging Asia," Staff Working Papers 05-38, Bank of Canada.
- Renu Kohli, 2004. "Capital Account Liberalisation: Empirical Evidence and Policy Issues II," International Finance 0405009, EconWPA.
- John F. O. Bilson & Jacob A. Frenkel, 1979. "Dynamic Adjustment and the Demand for International Reserves," NBER Working Papers 0407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1984.
"The Demand for International Reserves and Monetary Equilibrium: Some Evidence from Developing Countries,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 495-500, August.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1953. "The Demand for International Reserves and Monetary Equilibrium: Some Evidence from Developing Countries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 293, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1984. "The Demand for International Reserves and Monetary Equilibrium: Some Evidence From Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 1307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Ramachandran, M., 2004. "The optimal level of international reserves: evidence for India," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 365-370, June.
- Ford, J L & Huang, Guobo, 1994. "The Demand for International Reserves in China: An ECM Model with Domestic Monetary Disequilibrium," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(243), pages 379-397, August.
- Robert P Flood & Nancy P. Marion, 2002. "Holding International Reserves in an Era of High Capital Mobility," IMF Working Papers 02/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Kelly, Michael G, 1970. "The Demand for International Reserves," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 655-667, September.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eliza, Nor & M., Azali & Law, Siong-Hook & Lee, Chin, 2008. "Demand For International Reserves in ASEAN-5 Economies," MPRA Paper 11735, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nebiye, Sinem & Yamak, Nebiye, 2014. "Demand for International Reserves in Turkey," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 17(52), pages 63-76, June.
- repec:agr:journl:v:xxiv:y:2017:i:2(611):p:303-318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shijaku, Gerti & Dushku, Elona, 2017. "Foreign reserve holdings: an extended study through risk-inspired motives," MPRA Paper 79199, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shijaku, Gerti, 2012. "Optimal level of reserve holding: an empirical investigation in the case of Albania," MPRA Paper 79091, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign exchange reserves; capital account vulnerability; current account vulnerability; cointegration;
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13969. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .