Contracting out Employment Services Involving Temporary Agency Work in Germany
Since 2003 the German Public Employment Service has been experimenting with the contracting out of various services. One of the new labour market programmes is Personnel Service Agencies, which provide client firms with jobseekers on a temporary assignment basis and are responsible for integrating jobseekers into non-subsidised employment. By contracting out employment services, the Public Employment Service seeks to exploit efficiency gains characteristic of enterprises that compete in quasi-markets. In order to integrate jobseekers as rapidly as possible, a result-oriented system of incentives has been developed. This paper describes the institutional setting and ex-amines its appropriateness for efficient job placement services.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of European Social Policy 2.17(2007): pp. 125-138|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolfgang Ochel, 2004. "Competitive Tendering and Contracting of Temporary Work Agencies in Germany," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(2), pages 69-74, 07.
- Kvasnicka, Michael, 2003.
"Inside The Black Box of Temporary Help Agencies,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2003,43, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Antoni, Manfred & Jahn, Elke J., 2006.
"Do changes in regulation affect employment duration in temporary work agencies?,"
IAB Discussion Paper
200618, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Antoni, Manfred & Jahn, Elke J., 2006. "Do changes in regulation affect employment duration in temporary work agencies?," Discussion Papers 44, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Antoni, Manfred & Jahn, Elke J., 2006. "Do Changes in Regulation Affect Employment Duration in Temporary Work Agencies?," IZA Discussion Papers 2343, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jens Lundsgaard, 2002. "Competition and Efficiency in Publicly Funded Services," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2002(2), pages 79-128.
- Jens Lundsgaard, 2002. "Competition and Efficiency in Publicly Funded Services," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 331, OECD Publishing.
- Domberger, Simon & Jensen, Paul, 1997. "Contracting Out by the Public Sector: Theory, Evidence, Prospects," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 67-78, Winter.
- David Grubb, 2003. "Points of Comparison between Australia’s Job Network and the Dutch Market for Reintegration Services," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 6(2), pages 357-370, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13820. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.