Foreign Direct Investment and Regional Development in Romania
The regional integration of the Romanian economy implies the continuation of modernizing existent structures, expanding the new entrepreneurial culture and foster the individual competences for corresponding to the European model. Foreign direct investments represent the link between financial and productive systems, integrating them at a regional and global level. Beside the imported capital flows, they have a direct impact upon the management of the productive entities, assure a transfer of modern technologies, increase the level of occupation and the household available income, modifying the consumers culture. The regional development policy must ensure the reduction of disparities between the different levels of development of the Romanian regions through encouraging foreign direct investment capable of completing the little dimension of the local capital. Taking into consideration the movement of disparities to East and the fact that the increase of economical development disparity after the last two European Union enlargements did not involve a higher level of allocated funds, foreign direct investments remain an alternative for the disparity elimination and accelerating the restructuring marked by the globalization
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Magnus Blomstrom & Denise Konan & Robert E. Lipsey, 2000.
"FDI in the Restructuring of the Japanese Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
7693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomström, Magnus & Konan, Denise & Lipsey, Robert E., 2000. "FDI in the Restructuring of the Japanese Economy," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 371, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomstrom, Magnus, 1986. "Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Balasubramanyam, V N & Salisu, M & Sapsford, David, 1996.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 92-105, January.
- V N Balasubramanyam & M Salisu & David Sapsford., . "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries," Working Papers ec18/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12926. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.