Foreign Direct Investment And Economic Growth: Some Evidence From Across The World
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anita Ghatak & Ferda Halicioglu, 2007. "Foreign direct investment and economic growth: some evidence from across the world," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(4), pages 381-394.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alfaro, Laura & Chanda, Areendam & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sayek, Selin, 2004.
"FDI and economic growth: the role of local financial markets,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 89-112, October.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Laura Alfaro & Selin Sayek & Areendam Chanda, 2002. "FDI and Economic Growth: The Role of Local Financial Markets," Macroeconomics 0212007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Ghatak, A., 1997. "Vector Autoregression Modelling and Forecasting Growth of South Korea," Department of Economics, De Montford University 97-02, Department of Economics, De Montfort University.
- Anita Ghatak, 1998. "Vector autoregression modelling and forecasting growth of South Korea," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 579-592, June.
- Blomstrom, Magnus, 1986. "Foreign Investment and Productive Efficiency: The Case of Mexico," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno, Michael & Easterly, William, 1998. "Inflation crises and long-run growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Root, Franklin R & Ahmed, Ahmed A, 1979. "Empirical Determinants of Manufacturing Direct Foreign Investment in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 751-767, July.
- Gupta, Vinod K, 1983. "A Simultaneous Determination of Structure, Conduct and Performance in Canadian Manufacturing," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 281-301, July.
- Romita Biswas, 2002. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 492-504, October.
- Kevin Sylwester, 2005. "Foreign direct investment, growth and income inequality in less developed countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 289-300.
- Ewe-Ghee Lim, 2001. "Determinants of, and the Relation Between, Foreign Direct Investment and Growth; A Summary of the Recent Literature," IMF Working Papers 2001/175, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Acaravci, Ali & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment, Export and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from New EU Countries," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 52-67, June.
- Bulent Esiyok, 2015. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Increase Imports To Turkey? An Instrumental Variables Approach," Journal Articles, Center For Economic Analyses, pages 23-35, June.
- Gulcin Elif Yucel, 2014. "FDI and Economic Growth: The Case of Baltic Countries," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(2), pages 115-134, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Shin, Kwanho, 2012.
"Welfare implications of international financial integration,"
Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 235-245.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Shin, Kwanho, 2008. "Welfare Implications of International Financial Integration," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 20, Asian Development Bank.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan, 2007.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: The Role of Domestic Financial Sector,"
2007:18, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth : The Role of Domestic Financial Sector," Finance Working Papers 22205, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Della Temenggung, 2007. "Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment: Indonesian Manufacturing Industry’s Experience 1975-2000," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_048, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & Smeets, Roger & Zwinkels, Remco, 2008. "The impact of horizontal and vertical FDI on host's country economic growth," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 452-472, August.
- Rosemary Stanley Taylor, 2020. "Foreign direct investment and economic growth. Analysis of sectoral foreign direct investment in Tanzania," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 32(4), pages 699-717, December.
- Mico Apostolov, 2016. "Cobb–Douglas production function on FDI in Southeast Europe," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003. "Human Capital and Inward FDI," CEPR Discussion Papers 3762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Delgado, Michael S. & McCloud, Nadine & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2014. "A generalized empirical model of corruption, foreign direct investment, and growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 298-316.
- Shaukat, Badiea & Zhu, Qigui & Khan, M. Ijaz, 2019. "Real interest rate and economic growth: A statistical exploration for transitory economies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 534(C).
- Dierk Herzer & Stephan Klasen & Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D., 2006.
"In search of FDI-led growth in developing countries,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
150, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Klasen, Stephan & Herzer, Dierk & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas, 2007. "In search of FDI-led growth in developing countries," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 14, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Jan Babecký & Aleš Bulíř & Kateřina šmídková, 2009. "Sustainable real exchange rates in the new EU Member States: Is FDI a mixed blessing?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 368, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Marasco, Antonio, 2002. "High tech foreign direct investment and its impact on economic development," MPRA Paper 5390, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2005.
- Gál, Zoltán, 2019. "Az FDI szerepe a gazdasági növekedés és a beruházások területi differenciálódásában Magyarországon [The foreign direct investment role in Hungarys economic growth and territorial differentiation of," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 653-686.
- Gould, David M. & Panterov, Georgi, 2017. "Multidimensional connectivity: Why the interplay of international connections matters for knowledge transfers," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 699-711.
- Roghieh Gholami & Sang‐Yong Tom Lee & Almas Heshmati, 2006.
"The Causal Relationship Between Information and Communication Technology and Foreign Direct Investment,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 43-62, January.
- Roghieh Gholami & Sang-Yong Lee & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "The Causal Relationship between Information and Communication Technology and Foreign Direct Investment," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2003-30, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Roghieh Gholami & Sang-Yong Tom Lee & Almas Heshmati, 2010. "The Causal Relationship between Information and Communication Technology and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers id:3196, eSocialSciences.
- Silvio Traverso & Guido Bonatti, 2015. "Education and FDI: An Insight from US Outflows," Journal of Social Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 2(3), pages 101-116.
- Harrison, Ann & Rodríguez-Clare, Andrés, 2010.
"Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries,"
Handbook of Development Economics, in: Dani Rodrik & Mark Rosenzweig (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 4039-4214,
- Ann Harrison & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2009. "Trade, Foreign Investment, and Industrial Policy for Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 15261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dalila NICET-CHENAF & Eric ROUGIER, 2009.
"FDI and growth: A new look at a still puzzling issue,"
Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019)
2009-13, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Dalila Nicet-Chenaf & Eric Rougier, 2009. "FDI and growth: a new look at a still puzzling issue," Post-Print hal-00798473, HAL.
- Damijan, Jože P. & Kostevc, Crt, 2007. "Knowledge Transfer, Innovation and Growth," Papers DYNREG06, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Dalila NICET- CHENAF (GREThA-GRES) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA-GRES), 2008.
"Recent exports matter: export discoveries, FDI and Growth, an empirical assessment for MENA countries,"
Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009)
2008-17, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Dalila NICET- CHENAF & Eric ROUGIER, 2008. "Recent exports matter: export discoveries, FDI and Growth, an empirical assessment for MENA countries," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2008-22, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment; multinational corporations; composite risk rating; instrumental variable method; omitted variable method; simultaneous equation method;
All these keywords.
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.