Constructing Regional Advantage: Does it matter for Czech regions?
Innovation and competitiveness are two concepts which govern the national and regional policies throughout the world. Innovation is the key driver of global economic competitiveness. Regions are considered a key level where innovation processes are shaped, coordinated and governed through localized capabilities. While until recently competitiveness of economies was developed from comparative or competitive advantages, in the era of knowledge economy the new theory of constructed advantage allows for more attention to the role and impact of the public sector and public-private partnership in the economy, based upon the dimensions related and unrelated variety and differentiated knowledge bases. The key to the constructed advantage is regional innovation systems approach. The introduction to the new theory is explained in the paper in the view of European collaborative research project and the first assessment of how policies for constructing regional advantage can work within the environment of specific regions of the Czech Republic is proposed.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Publication status:||Published in Econ ´07 1.14(2007): pp. 187-194|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2011.
"Constructing Regional Advantage: Platform Policies Based on Related Variety and Differentiated Knowledge Bases,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 893-904.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron A. Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2007. "Constructing regional advantage: Platform policies based on related variety and differentiated knowledge bases," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0709, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Nov 2007.
- Camagni, Roberto, 2002. "On the concept of territorial competitiveness: sound or misleading?," ERSA conference papers ersa02p518, European Regional Science Association.
- Ron Boschma & Simona Iammarino, 2007. "Related variety and regional growth in Italy," SPRU Working Paper Series 162, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Philip Cooke & Loet Leydesdorff, 2006. "Regional Development in the Knowledge-Based Economy: The Construction of Advantage," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 5-15, 01. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.