Incentive Contracts and Hedge Fund Management
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennifer N. Carpenter, 2000. "Does Option Compensation Increase Managerial Risk Appetite?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 2311-2331, October.
- Suleyman Basak & Anna Pavlova & Alexander Shapiro, 2007.
"Optimal Asset Allocation and Risk Shifting in Money Management,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(5), pages 1583-1621, 2007 21.
- Basak, Suleyman & Pavlova, Anna & Shapiro, Alex, 2006. "Optimal Asset Allocation and Risk Shifting in Money Management," CEPR Discussion Papers 5524, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jennifer Carpenter, 1999. "Does Option Compensation Increase Managerial Risk Appetite?," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-076, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 1999. "A primer on hedge funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 309-331, September.
- William N. Goetzmann & Jonathan Ingersoll, Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 1998. "High Water Marks," NBER Working Papers 6413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen J. Brown, 2001. "Careers and Survival: Competition and Risk in the Hedge Fund and CTA Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1869-1886, October.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-257, August.
- Stavros Panageas & Mark M. Westerfield, 2009. "High-Water Marks: High Risk Appetites? Convex Compensation, Long Horizons, and Portfolio Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(1), pages 1-36, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peyton Young & Dean P Foster, 2008. "The Hedge Fund Game," Economics Papers 2008-W01, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Hitoshi Matsushima, 2010. "Incentives in Hedge Funds," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-714, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Ewald, Christian-Oliver & Zhang, Hai, 2016. "Hedge fund seeding via fees-for-seed swaps under idiosyncratic risk," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 45-59.
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:20:y:2017:i:03:n:s0219024917500145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lan, Yingcong & Wang, Neng & Yang, Jinqiang, 2013. "The economics of hedge funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 300-323.
- Mark D. Flood & Phillip Monin & Lina Bandyopadhyay, 2015. "Gauging Form PF: Data Tolerances in Regulatory Reporting on Hedge Fund Risk Exposures," Working Papers 15-13, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2008. "The future of securitization," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/31, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- G. Elaut & M. Frömmel & J. Sjödin, 2014. "Crystallization – the Hidden Dimension of Hedge Funds' Fee Structure," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 14/872, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Antonio Cosma & Stefano Galluccio & Paola Pederzoli & Olivier Scaillet, 2016.
"Early exercise decision in American options with dividends, stochastic volatility and jumps,"
- Antonio Cosma & Stefano Galluccio & Paola Pederzoli & O. Scaillet, 2016. "Early Exercise Decision in American Options with Dividends, Stochastic Volatility and Jumps," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 16-73, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Gong Zhan, 2011. "Manager fee contracts and managerial incentives," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 205-239, July.
- Kolokolova, Olga, 2011. "Strategic behavior within families of hedge funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1645-1662, July.
- Ping Hu & Jayant R. Kale & Marco Pagani & Ajay Subramanian, 2011. "Fund Flows, Performance, Managerial Career Concerns, and Risk Taking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(4), pages 628-646, April.
- Mark D. Flood & Phillip Monin, 2016. "Form PF and Hedge Funds: Risk-measurement Precision for Option Portfolios," Working Papers 16-02, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Dasgupta, Amil & Piacentino, Giorgia, 2015. "The Wall Street walk when blockholders compete for flows," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63144, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Emanuel Derman & Kun Soo Park & Ward Whitt, 2010. "A stochastic-difference-equation model for hedge-fund returns," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 701-733.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:14-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benoît Dewaele, 2013. "Leverage and Alpha: The Case of Funds of Hedge Funds," Working Papers CEB 13-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mila Getmansky & Peter A. Lee & Andrew W. Lo, 2015. "Hedge Funds: A Dynamic Industry In Transition," NBER Working Papers 21449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agarwal, Vikas & Ruenzi, Stefan & Weigert, Florian, 2015.
"Tail risk in hedge funds: A unique view from portfolio holdings,"
CFR Working Papers
15-07, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Agarwal, Vikas & Ruenzi, Stefan & Weigert, Florian, 2015. "Tail Risk in Hedge Funds: A Unique View from Portfolio Holdings," Working Papers on Finance 1508, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:599-610 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hodder, James E. & Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 2011.
"Managerial responses to incentives: Control of firm risk, derivative pricing implications, and outside wealth management,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1507-1518, June.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Hodder, James E., 2008. "Managerial Responses to Incentives: Control of Firm Risk, Derivative Pricing Implications, and Outside Wealth Management," MPRA Paper 11643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Serge Darolles & Christian Gouriéroux, 2013. "The Effects of Management and Provision Accounts on Hedge Fund Returns - Part I : The High Water Mark Scheme," Working Papers 2013-22, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:125:y:2017:i:3:p:610-636 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cumming, Douglas & Dai, Na & Johan, Sofia, 2015. "Are hedge funds registered in Delaware different?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 232-246.
- Marina Agranov & Alberto Bisin & Andrew Schotter, 2014. "An experimental study of the impact of competition for Other People’s Money: the portfolio manager market," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 17(4), pages 564-585, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHedge Fund; Management; Incentive;
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.