Business competitiveness in Muslim World: role of governance and higher education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986. "Large Shareholders and Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-488, June.
- Ayub Mehar, 2005. "Is debt a substitute of equity? Relevancy of financial policy in current economic scenarios," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 337-366.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sang Cheol Lee & Mooweon Rhee & Jongchul Yoon, 2018. "Foreign Monitoring and Audit Quality: Evidence from Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-22, September.
- Adrian Gourlay & Jonathan Seaton, 2004. "The determinants of firm diversification in UK quoted companies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(18), pages 2059-2071.
- Tarek Roshdy Gebba & Mohamed Gamal Aboelmaged, 2016. "Corporate Governance of UAE Financial Institutions: A Comparative Study between Conventional and Islamic Banks," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(5), pages 1-7.
- Gary F. Peters & Andrea M. Romi & Juan Manuel Sanchez, 2019. "The Influence of Corporate Sustainability Officers on Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 159(4), pages 1065-1087, November.
- Wei Huang & Hong Zhang & Abhinav Goyal & Jason Laws, 2019. "Internal capital market mergers in weak external market environment: An emerging market evidence," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 1486-1505, October.
- Nadia Saghi-Zedek & Amine Tarazi, 2015.
"Droits de contrôle versus droits pécuniaires, crise financière et vulnérabilité des banques européennes,"
Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 66(3), pages 527-535.
- Nadia Saghi-Zedek & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Droits de contrôle versus droits pécuniaires, crise financière et vulnérabilité des banques européennes," Working Papers hal-01134632, HAL.
- Nadia Saghi-Zedek & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Droits de contrôle versus droits pécuniaires, crise financière et vulnérabilité des banques européennes," Post-Print hal-01135049, HAL.
- Dendi Ramdani & Arjen Witteloostuijn, 2012. "The Shareholder–Manager Relationship and Its Impact on the Likelihood of Firm Bribery," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(4), pages 495-507, July.
- Jörn Hendrich Block & Andreas Thams, 2007. "Long-Term Orientation In Family And Non-Family Firms: A Bayesian Analysis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2007-059, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Vittoria Cerasi & Tommaso Oliviero, 2014.
"Managerial compensation, regulation and risk in banks: theory and evidence from the financial crisis,"
279, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2014.
- Vittoria Cerasi & Tommaso Oliviero, 2014. "Managerial Compensation, Regulation and Risk in Banks: Theory and Evidence from the Financial Crisis," CSEF Working Papers 374, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- S. Mbulawa & N. F. Okurut & M. M. Ntsosa & N. Sinha, 2020. "Determinants of Corporate Dividend Policy under Hyperinflation and Dollarization by Firms in Zimbabwe," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 10(2), pages 1-1.
- Rubén Chavarín, 2020. "Risk governance, banks affiliated to business groups, and foreign ownership," Risk Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 1-37, March.
- repec:mth:ijafr8:v:8:y:2018:i:4:p:512-532 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ettore Croci, 2007. "Corporate Raiders, Performance and Governance in Europe," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(5), pages 949-978, November.
- Derek Jones & Panu Kalmi & Niels Mygind, 2005.
"Choice of Ownership Structure and Firm Performance: Evidence from Estonia,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 83-107.
- Derek C. Jones & Panu Kalmi & Niels Mygind, 2003. "Choice of Ownership Structure and Firm Performance: Evidence from Estonia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-560, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jones, Derek C. & Kalmi, Panu & Mygind, Niels, 2003. "Choice of ownership structure and firm performance : Evidence from Estonia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2003, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Derek C. Jones & Panu Kalmi & Niels Mygind, 2003. "Choice of ownership structure and firm performance: Evidence from Estonia," Macroeconomics 0305008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Young Mok Choi & Kunsu Park, 2019. "Foreign Ownership, Agency Costs, and Long-Term Firm Growth: Evidence from Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-17, March.
- Rajeeva Sinha, 2004. "The role of hostile takeovers in corporate governance," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(18), pages 1291-1305.
- Goergen, Marc & Manjon, Miguel C. & Renneboog, Luc, 2008.
"Recent developments in German corporate governance,"
International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 175-193, September.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Other publications TiSEM db2cef31-d47e-445d-ba35-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2004-014, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Other publications TiSEM f1cb70de-0638-4cfc-baf6-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2004-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Basil Al-Najjar, 2012. "The determinants of board meetings: evidence from categorical analysis," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 178-190, September.
- Mohammad Ziaul Hoque & MD. Rabiul Islam & Mohammad Nurul Azam, 2013. "Board Committee Meetings and Firm Financial Performance: An Investigation of Australian Companies," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 503-528, December.
- Pak Hung Au & Yuk‐Fai Fong & Jin Li, 2020. "Negotiated Block Trade And Rebuilding Of Trust," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 61(2), pages 901-939, May.
- Stavros E. Arvanitis & Theodoros V. Stamatopoulos & Dimitris Terzakis, 2018. "Is There a Non-linear Relationship of Market Value with Cash and Ownership?," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 68(1), pages 3-25, January-M.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetitiveness; Innovations; Higher Education; Efficiency; Governance;
All these keywords.
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2008-11-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CWA-2008-11-04 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2008-11-04 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.