Quando le farfalle mettono le ali. Osservazioni sull'ingresso delle donne nel lavoro dipendente
[Butterfly's wings. Women entrance into the labor market]
The entrance of young people in the labour market at older ages than in the past is correlated to the increased trend in education. Both these changes, the delay in entrances and the increase in the number of years spent at school, are much more marked in the case of women. One additional school year has a larger return in the case of women than in the case of men as a better education is associated with the possible choice of a job ‘nice, clean and respectable’, and this is more relevant for women than for men, in particular in the Veneto small firms milieu, and because education performs an ‘insurance’ role which palys a major role in the case of women. The study is based on a longitudinal panel built on the Italian Social Security Archives of employees in the two provinces of Treviso and Vicenza from 1975 to 1997. Such a huge set of data allows the study of first entrances of young people in the labour market. First entrances are studied for age and year of birth cohorts and are meaningfully correlated with parameters relative to the enrollment trend in primary and secondary education. The different gender behaviour is underlined and discussed.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Plasman, 1996. "Trends and prospects for women's employment in the 90's," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7932, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bruno Contini & Francesca Cornaglia & Claudio Malpede & Enrico Rettore, 2002. "Measuring the impact of the Italian CFL programme on the job opportunities for the youths," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B1-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Luca Flabbi, 2001. "La scelta della scuola secondaria in Italia," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 91(6), pages 85-114, July-Augu.
- Luca Flabbi, 1997. "Investire in istruzione: meglio per lui o per lei? Stima per genere dei rendimenti dell’istruzione in Italia," Working Papers 08, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1997.
- Brenner, R & Dagenais, Marcel G & Montmarquette, C, 1994. "An Overlooked Explanation of the Declining Saving Rate," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 629-37.
- Stefania Rossetti & Paola Tanda, 2001. "Rendimenti dell’investimento in capitale umano e mercato del lavoro," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 91(6), pages 159-202, July-Augu.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.