Fiscal policy: Its role in an independent Scotland
In this paper we consider the implications for macroeconomic fiscal policy in Scotland if the Scottish electorate votes in favour of independence in the referendum on 18 September, 2014. We offer the paper in the spirit of the new thinking that the Scottish government's Fiscal Commission has argued will be required if the potential benefits from the exercise of independently determined macroeconomic policy instruments are to be achieved.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Hans Matthews & David Colander, 2004. "Integrating Sound Finance with Functional Finance," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0413, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1999. "Optimal taxation and spending in general competitive growth models," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Eckhard Hein, 2015.
"Finance-dominated capitalism and re-distribution of income: a Kaleckian perspective,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 39(3), pages 907-934.
- Eckhard Hein, 2013. "Finance-dominated Capitalism and Redistribution of Income: A Kaleckian Perspective," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_746, Levy Economics Institute.
- Fine, Ben, 2000. "Endogenous Growth Theory: A Critical Assessment," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 245-265, March.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Ozlem Onaran, 2013. "Wage-led growth: theory, evidence, policy," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 61-78, January.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Özlem Onaran, 2012. "Wage-led Growth: Theory, Evidence, Policy," Working Papers wp300, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Anthony Laramie & Douglas Mair, 2003. "The Effects of Taxation in a Kaleckian Growth Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2-3), pages 326-345, 05. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pke:wpaper:pkwp1307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jo Michell)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.