Changes in governance, the market for corporate control, and the mechanisms for hostile takeovers in Continental Europe: The case of Arcelor?s takeover by Mittal Steel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andriy Bodnaruk & Massimo Massa & Andrei Simonov, 2009.
"Investment Banks as Insiders and the Market for Corporate Control,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(12), pages 4989-5026, December.
- Bodnaruk, Andriy & Massa, Massimo & Simonov, Andrei, 2008. "Investment Banks as Insiders and the Market for Corporate Control," CEPR Discussion Papers 6953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Umber, Marc P. & Grote, Michael H. & Frey, Rainer, 2010. "Europe integrates less than you think: Evidence from the market for corporate control in Europe and the US," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 150, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Andrey Golubov & Dimitris Petmezas & Nickolaos G. Travlos, 2012. "When It Pays to Pay Your Investment Banker: New Evidence on the Role of Financial Advisors in M&As," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(1), pages 271-312, February.
More about this item
Keywordsgovernance; market for corporate control; hostile takeovers; Arcelor takeover;
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pil:wpaper:87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nuno Reis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiplpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.