Changes in governance, the market for corporate control, and the mechanisms for hostile takeovers in Continental Europe: The case of Arcelor?s takeover by Mittal Steel
This paper describes the changes in governance, the market for corporate control, and the mechanism for hostile takeovers that have occurred in the last decade in Continental Europe, using the hostile takeover of Arcelor by Mittal Steel to illustrate these changes.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bodnaruk, Andriy & Massa, Massimo & Simonov, Andrei, 2008.
"Investment Banks as Insiders and the Market for Corporate Control,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andriy Bodnaruk & Massimo Massa & Andrei Simonov, 2009. "Investment Banks as Insiders and the Market for Corporate Control," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(12), pages 4989-5026, December.
- Umber, Marc P. & Grote, Michael H. & Frey, Rainer, 2010. "Europe integrates less than you think: Evidence from the market for corporate control in Europe and the US," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 150, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Andrey Golubov & Dimitris Petmezas & Nickolaos G. Travlos, 2012. "When It Pays to Pay Your Investment Banker: New Evidence on the Role of Financial Advisors in M&As," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(1), pages 271-312, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pil:wpaper:87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nuno Reis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.