Philippine Macroeconomic Policies Affecting Households
Due to prolonged recession in developed countries and the rise in interest rates, the Philippine government has embarked on a series of stabilization and structural programs to stem the alarming rate of the country’s indebtedness. This study presents the key macroeconomic policies adopted in recent years and these affect individual households. It also discusses the mechanisms by which monetary and fiscal adjustments affect the labor market, the goods market and the government expenditures including the provision of public goods. Areas for future research are highlighted.
|Date of creation:||1992|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: https://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Groves, Theodore & Ledyard, John O, 1977.
"Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the "Free Rider" Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 783-809, May.
- Theodore Groves & John Ledyard, 1976. "Optimal Allocation of Public Goods: A Solution to the 'Free Rider Problem'," Discussion Papers 144, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mariano, Roberto S. & Constantino, Winnie, 1990. "The PIDS-NEDA Annual Macroeconometric Model, Version 1989: A Summary," Working Papers WP 1990-13, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Yap, Josef T., 1989. "The Philippines: Recent Performance, Prospects for 1989-1990, Policy and Development Issues," Working Papers WP 1989-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Robert Dohner & Ponciano Intal, 1989. "Debt Crisis and Adjustment in the Philippines," NBER Chapters,in: Developing Country Debt and the World Economy, pages 169-192 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanchez-Robielos, Maria Teresa & Reyes, Edna A., 1989. "Employment, Productivity and Wages in the Philippine Labor market: An Analysis of Trends and Policies," Working Papers WP 1989-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Herrin, Alejandro N., 1990. "An Assessment of Population, Health and Education Policies in the Philippines, 1986-1988," Working Papers WP 1990-10, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Lapar, Maria Lucila A., 1991. "Micro Impacts of Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies (MIMAP): A Framework Paper and review of Literature," Working Papers WP 1991-02, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Medalla, Erlinda M. & Alburo, Florian & Pante, Filologo Jr., 1989. "Philippine Trade Policy Options," Working Papers WP 1989-09, Philippine Institute for Development Studies. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:wpaper:wp_1992-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.