Disasters, Poverty, and Coping Strategies: The Framework and Empirical Evidence from Micro/Household Data - Philippine Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennifer Helgeson & Simon Dietz & Stefan Hochrainer-Stigler, 2012. "Vulnerability to weather disasters: the choice of coping strategies in rural Uganda," GRI Working Papers 91, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Yashodhan Ghorpade, 2012. "Coping Strategies in Natural Disasters and under Conflict: A Review of Household Responses and Notes for Public Policy," HiCN Working Papers 136, Households in Conflict Network.
- Eduardo Rodriguez-Oreggia & Alejandro De La Fuente & Rodolfo De La Torre & Hector A. Moreno, 2013. "Natural Disasters, Human Development and Poverty at the Municipal Level in Mexico," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 442-455, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noy, Ilan & Karim, Azreen, 2013. "Poverty, inequality and natural disasters â€“ A survey," Working Paper Series 2974, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Ameer Hyder & Nasir Iqbal, 2016. "Socio-Economic Losses of Flood and Household’s Coping Strategies: Evidence from Flood Prone District of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2016:142, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- repec:sae:envira:v:49:y:2017:i:11:p:2649-2672 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yonson, Rio & Gaillard, J. C. & Noy, Ilan, 2016. "The measurement of disaster risk: An example from tropical cyclones in the Philippines," Working Paper Series 4979, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilippines; natural disasters; floods; typhoons; household poverty; household coping strategies; Pasay City; Metro Manila;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2014-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .