Disasters, Poverty, and Coping Strategies: The Framework and Empirical Evidence from Micro/Household Data - Philippine Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennifer Helgeson & Simon Dietz & Stefan Hochrainer-Stigler, 2012. "Vulnerability to weather disasters: the choice of coping strategies in rural Uganda," GRI Working Papers 91, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Yashodhan Ghorpade, 2012. "Coping Strategies in Natural Disasters and under Conflict: A Review of Household Responses and Notes for Public Policy," HiCN Working Papers 136, Households in Conflict Network.
- Eduardo Rodriguez-Oreggia & Alejandro De La Fuente & Rodolfo De La Torre & Hector A. Moreno, 2013. "Natural Disasters, Human Development and Poverty at the Municipal Level in Mexico," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 442-455, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noy, Ilan & Karim, Azreen, 2013. "Poverty, inequality and natural disasters â€“ A survey," Working Paper Series 2974, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Ameer Hyder & Nasir Iqbal, 2016. "Socio-Economic Losses of Flood and Household’s Coping Strategies: Evidence from Flood Prone District of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2016:142, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- repec:sae:envira:v:49:y:2017:i:11:p:2649-2672 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yonson, Rio & Gaillard, J. C. & Noy, Ilan, 2016. "The measurement of disaster risk: An example from tropical cyclones in the Philippines," Working Paper Series 4979, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilippines; natural disasters; floods; typhoons; household poverty; household coping strategies; Pasay City; Metro Manila;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2014-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.