From Highly Skilled to Low Skilled: Revisiting the Deskilling of Migrant Labor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Picot, Garnett & Sweetman, Arthur, 2005. "The Deteriorating Economic Welfare of Immigrants and Possible Causes: Update 2005," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2005262e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1978. "The Effect of Americanization on the Earnings of Foreign-born Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 897-921, October.
- David Card, 2005.
"Is the New Immigration Really so Bad?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(507), pages 300-323, November.
- David Card, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0402, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- David Card, 2005. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," NBER Working Papers 11547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," IZA Discussion Papers 1119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Philip Kelly & Tom Lusis, 2006. "Migration and the transnational habitus: evidence from Canada and the Philippines," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(5), pages 831-847, May.
More about this item
Keywordsskilled migration; migrant labor; deskilling; job devaluation; brain waste;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2013-07-15 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAB-2013-07-15 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2013-07-15 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2013-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .