Money, Political Ambition, and the Career Decisions of Politicians, Second Version
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carozzi, Felipe & Repetto, Luca, 2016.
"Sending the pork home: Birth town bias in transfers to Italian municipalities,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 42-52.
- Felipe Carozzi & Luca Repetto, 2013. "Sending the pork home: birth town bias in transfers to Italian municipalities," Working Papers 2013/35, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Carozzi, Felipe & Repetto, Luca, 2016. "Sending the pork home: birth town bias in transfers to Italian municipalities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64867, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Felipe Carozzi & Luca Repetto, 2015. "Sending the Pork Home: Birth Town Bias in Transfers to Italian Municipalities," CESifo Working Paper Series 5554, CESifo Group Munich.
- Felipe Carozzi & Luca Repetto, 2014. "Sending the Pork Home: Birth Town Bias in Transfers to Italian Municipalities," Working Papers wp2014_1401, CEMFI.
- Geys, Benny & Mause, Karsten, 2011. "Moonlighting politicians: A survey and research agenda," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2011-101, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Kaisa Kotakorpi & Panu Poutvaara & Marko Tervio, 2013.
"Returns to office in national and local politics,"
86, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Poutvaara, Panu & Terviö, Marko, 2016. "Returns to Office in National and Local Politics," IZA Discussion Papers 10003, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Poutvaara, Panu & Terviö, Marko, 2014. "Returns to Office in National and Local Politics," CEPR Discussion Papers 10293, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kaisa Kotakorpi & Panu Poutvaara & Marko Terviö, 2013. "Returns to Office in National and Local Politics," CESifo Working Paper Series 4542, CESifo Group Munich.
- BenYishay, Ariel & Betancourt, Roger, 2014. "Unbundling democracy: Political rights and civil liberties," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 552-568.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:152:y:2017:i:c:p:47-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cerina, Fabio & Deidda, Luca G., 2017.
"Rewards from public office and the selection of politicians by parties,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-18.
- LG Deidda & F. Cerina, 2014. "Reward from public office and the selection of politicians by parties," Working Paper CRENoS 201414, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Björn Kauder & Manuela Krause & Niklas Potrafke, 2016. "Electoral Cycles in MPs' Salaries: Evidence from the German States," CESifo Working Paper Series 6028, CESifo Group Munich.
- Karsten Mause, 2014. "Self-serving legislators? An analysis of the salary-setting institutions of 27 EU parliaments," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 154-176, June.
- Alexander Baturo & Slava Mikhaylov, 2016. "Blair disease? Business careers of the former democratic heads of state and government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 166(3), pages 335-354, March.
- Thomas Braendle, 2015. "Does remuneration affect the discipline and the selection of politicians? Evidence from pay harmonization in the European Parliament," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 162(1), pages 1-24, January.
More about this item
Keywordspoliticians; political careers; monetary and non-monetary incentives; U.S. Congress;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pen:papers:10-009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dolly Guarini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deupaus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .