Goodness-of-Fit: An Economic Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Frank A Cowell & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2009. "Goodness-of-Fit: An Economic Approach," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 101, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Cowell, Frank & Flachaire, Emmanuel & Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit: an economic approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25433, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Schorfheide, 2000. "Loss function-based evaluation of DSGE models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 645-670.
- Cowell, Frank A., 1980. "Generalized entropy and the measurement of distributional change," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Cameron, A Colin & Windmeijer, Frank A G, 1996.
"R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health-Care Utilization,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 14(2), pages 209-220, April.
- Cameron, A.C. & Windmeijer, F.A.G., 1993. "R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health Care Utilization," Papers 93-24, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Colin Cameron, A. & Windmeijer, Frank A. G., 1997. "An R-squared measure of goodness of fit for some common nonlinear regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 329-342, April.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1978. "Measures of relative equality and their meaning in terms of social welfare," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 59-80, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erik Figueiredo, 2011. "A Note on the Measurement of Unfair Inequality in Brazil," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 2944-2951.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati & Giorgio Kaniadakis, 2012. "A new model of income distribution: the κ-generalized distribution," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 63-91, January.
- Frank Cowell & Emmanuel Flachaire & Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, 2013.
"Reference distributions and inequality measurement,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(4), pages 421-437, December.
- Frank A. Cowell & Emmanuel Flachaire & Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, 2013. "Reference distributions and inequality measurement," Post-Print hal-01499629, HAL.
- VAN KERM Philippe & YU Seunghee & CHOE Chung, 2014. "Wage differentials between native, immigrant and cross-border workers: Evidence and model comparisons," LISER Working Paper Series 2014-05, LISER.
More about this item
KeywordsGoodness of fit; Discrepancy; Income distribution; Inequality measurement;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-08-22 (Econometrics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-08-22 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.