A Note on the Measurement of Unfair Inequality in Brazil
This paper measures unfair inequality in Brazil using the "responsibility-sensitive" fairness principle. The results show that the levels of fairness in Brazil did not decrease as much as the income concentration levels for the period.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rolf Aaberge & Ugo Colombino, 2010.
"Accounting for family background when designing optimal income taxes: A microeconometric simulation analysis,"
157, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Rolf Aaberge & Ugo Colombino, 2012. "Accounting for family background when designing optimal income taxes: a microeconometric simulation analysis," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 741-761, January.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Colombino, Ugo, 2009. "Accounting for Family Background when Designing Optimal Income Taxes: A Microeconometric Simulation Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 4598, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rolf Aaberge & Ugo Colombino, 2010. "Accounting for Family Background when Designing Optimal Income Taxes. A Microeconometric Simulation Analysis," Discussion Papers 619, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Cowell, Frank A., 1980. "Generalized entropy and the measurement of distributional change," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Frank Cowell & Emmanuel Flachaire & Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, 2009.
"Goodness-of-fit: an economic approach,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
25433, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Frank A Cowell & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2009. "Goodness-of-Fit: An Economic Approach," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 101, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Frank A. Cowell, 2009. "Goodness-of-Fit: An Economic Approach," Economics Series Working Papers 444, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Almås, Ingvild & Cappelen, Alexander W. & Lind, Jo Thori & Sørensen, Erik Ø. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2011.
"Measuring unfair (in)equality,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 488-499, August.
- Kurt Devooght, 2008. "To Each the Same and to Each his Own: A Proposal to Measure Responsibility-Sensitive Income Inequality," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(298), pages 280-295, 05.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1985. "Measures of Distributional Change: An Axiomatic Approach," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 135-151.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Walter Bossert, 1996. "Redistribution and compensation (*)," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 13(3), pages 343-355.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00567. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.