Avoiding Blinding to Health Status: A New Class of Health Achievement and Inequality Indices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1991. "On the measurement of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 545-557, January.
- Erreygers, Guido, 2009. "Correcting the Concentration Index: A reply to Wagstaff," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 521-524, March.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2009.
"Ranking intersecting Lorenz curves,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 33(2), pages 235-259, August.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2000. "Ranking intersectiong Lorenz Curves," ICER Working Papers 08-2000, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2004. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," CEIS Research Paper 45, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2000. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," Discussion Papers 271, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Aaberge, Rolf, 2008. "Ranking Intersecting Lorenz Curves," IZA Discussion Papers 3852, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- ERREYGERS, Guido, 2006. "Beyond the Health Concentration Index: An Atkinson alternative for the measurement of the socioeconomic inequality of health," Working Papers 2006029, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Berrebi, Z. M. & Silber, Jacques, 1981. "Weighting income ranks and levels : A Multiple-Parameter Generalization For Absolute and Relative Inequality Indices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 391-397.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002.
"Inequality aversion, health inequalities and health achievement,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 627-641, July.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002. "Inequality aversion, health inequalities, and health achievement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2765, The World Bank.
- Lambert, Peter & Zheng, Buhong, 2011. "On the consistent measurement of attainment and shortfall inequality," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 214-219, January.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1983. "On an Extension of the Gini Inequality Index," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 617-628, October.
- Paul Makdissi & Stéphane Mussard, 2008.
"Analyzing the impact of indirect tax reforms on rank-dependent social welfare functions: a positional dominance approach,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 30(3), pages 385-399, April.
- Paul Makdissi & Stéphane Mussard, 2006. "Analyzing the Impact of Indirect Tax Reforms on Rank Dependant Social Welfare Functions: A Positional Dominance Approach," Cahiers de recherche 06-02, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Fishburn, Peter C. & Willig, Robert D., 1984. "Transfer principles in income redistribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 323-328, December.
- Erreygers, Guido, 2009. "Correcting the Concentration Index," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 504-515, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Livia Stefanescu & Stefan Stefanescu, 2014. "Using the median and the mean of the income to establish the poverty lines," Computational Methods in Social Sciences (CMSS), "Nicolae Titulescu" University of Bucharest, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 2(1), pages 21-27, June.
- repec:ntu:ntugeo:vol2-iss1-14-021 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHealth inequality; Health Achievement;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ott:wpaper:1207e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Ritchot). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deottca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.