Mitigation Potential of Removing Fossil Fuel Subsidies: A General Equilibrium Assessment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Monique Reid & Stan Du plessis, 2010.
"Loud And Clear? Can We Hear When The Sarb Speaks?,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(3), pages 269-286, September.
- Monique Reid & Stan du Plessis, "undated". "Loud and Clear? Can we hear when the SARB speaks?," Working Papers 155, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Monique Reid & Stan du Plessis, 2010. "Loud and clear? Can we hear when the SARB speaks?," Working Papers 11/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller & Balázs Égert & Oliver Röhn, 2010. "Counter-cyclical Economic Policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 760, OECD Publishing.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C.W. & Geraats, Petra M., 2006.
"How transparent are central banks?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Geraats, Petra M, 2002. "How Transparent are Central Banks?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3188, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P., 2006. "How transparent are central banks?," Other publications TiSEM b34dfb1f-520f-4787-a08f-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P.M., 2004. "How Transparent Are Central Banks?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0411, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Amato, Jeffery D. & Gerlach, Stefan, 2002.
"Inflation targeting in emerging market and transition economies: Lessons after a decade,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 781-790, May.
- Amato, Jeffery D. & Gerlach, Stefan, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market and Transition Economies: Lessons After a Decade," CEPR Discussion Papers 3074, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffery D. Amato & Stefan Gerlach, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market and Transition Economies: Lessons after a Decade," Working Papers 132001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Aron, Janine & Farrell, Greg & Muellbauer, John & Sinclair, Peter, 2010. "Exchange Rate Pass-through and Monetary Policy in South Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8153, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tapiwa d. Karoro & Meshach j. Aziakpono & Nicolette Cattaneo, 2009.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through To Import Prices In South Africa: Is There Asymmetry?,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(3), pages 380-398, September.
- T D Karoro & M J Aziakpono & N Cattaneo, 2008. "Exchange rate pass-through to import prices in South Africa: Is there asymmetry?," Working Papers 79, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Corrinne Ho & Robert N. McCauley, 2003. "Living with flexible exchange rates: issues and recent experience in inflation targeting emerging market economies," BIS Working Papers 130, Bank for International Settlements.
- Juan Angel Garcia & Adrian van Rixtel, 2007.
"Inflation-linked bonds from a Central Bank perspective,"
Occasional Paper Series
62, European Central Bank.
- Juan Angel Garcia & Adrian van Rixtel, 2007. "Inflation-linked bonds from a central bank perspective," Occasional Papers 0705, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Ben Smit & Federico Sturzenegger, 2008.
"South Africa: Macroeconomic challenges after a decade of success,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(4), pages 639-677, October.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Ben Smit & Federico Sturzenegger, 2006. "South Africa: Macroeconomic Challenges after a Decade of Success," CID Working Papers 133, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Smit, Ben & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2007. "South Africa: Macroeconomic Challenges after a Decade of Success," Working Paper Series rwp07-021, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Martin Schindler, 2009. "Measuring Financial Integration: A New Data Set," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 222-238, April.
- Dubravko Mihaljek & Marc Klau, 2008. "Exchange rate pass-through in emerging market economies: what has changed and why?," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Transmission mechanisms for monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 35, pages 103-130 Bank for International Settlements.
- Isabelle Joumard & Christophe André, 2008. "Revenue Buoyancy and its Fiscal Policy Implications," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 598, OECD Publishing.
- Stan du Plessis & Willem Boshoff, 2007. "A fiscal rule to produce counter-cyclical fiscal policy in South Africa," Working Papers 13/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Stéphanie Guichard & Mike Kennedy & Eckhard Wurzel & Christophe André, 2007. "What Promotes Fiscal Consolidation: OECD Country Experiences," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 553, OECD Publishing.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nugumanova, Lyazzat, 2013. "Analysis of Fossil Fuel Subsidies in Kazakhstan," International Conference and Young Researchers Forum - Natural Resource Use in Central Asia: Institutional Challenges and the Contribution of Capacity Building 159103, University of Giessen (JLU Giessen), Center for International Development and Environmental Research.
- Gottschamer, L. & Zhang, Q., 2016. "Interactions of factors impacting implementation and sustainability of renewable energy sourced electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 164-174.
- Ye Li & Lei Bao & Wenxiang Li & Haopeng Deng, 2016. "Inventory and Policy Reduction Potential of Greenhouse Gas and Pollutant Emissions of Road Transportation Industry in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-19, November.
- Steinbuks, Jevgenijs & Narayanan, Badri G., 2015. "Fossil fuel producing economies have greater potential for industrial interfuel substitution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 168-177.
- Schwanitz, Valeria Jana & Piontek, Franziska & Bertram, Christoph & Luderer, Gunnar, 2014. "Long-term climate policy implications of phasing out fossil fuel subsidies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 882-894.
- Bertrand Magné & Jean Chateau & Rob Dellink, 2014. "Global implications of joint fossil fuel subsidy reform and nuclear phase-out: an economic analysis," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 677-690, April.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:51-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Orlov, Anton, 2016. "Effects of higher domestic gas prices in Russia on the European gas market: A game theoretical Hotelling model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 188-199.
More about this item
Keywordsfossil-fuel subsidies; general equilibrium models; GHGs emissions; modèles d'équilibre général; Subsides des énergies fossiles; émissions des GES;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-08-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-08-29 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:853-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .