Fiscal Decentralisation in Colombia: New Evidence Regarding Sustainability, Risk Sharing and “Fiscal Fatigue”
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Hepp, Ralf, 2000.
"Regional risksharing and redistribution in the German federation,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 15-2000, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Hepp, Ralf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2001. "Regional Risksharing and Redistribution in the German Federation," CEPR Discussion Papers 2662, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Rodden & Erik Wibbels, 2010. "Fiscal Decentralization And The Business Cycle: An Empirical Study Of Seven Federations," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 37-67, March.
- Aida Caldera Sánchez, 2013. "Improving Fiscal Federal Relations for a Stronger Mexico," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1078, OECD Publishing.
- Luis Armando Galvis & Adolfo Meisel, 2012.
"Convergencia y trampas espaciales de pobreza en Colombia: Evidencia reciente,"
Documentos de Trabajo Sobre EconomÃa Regional y Urbana
010287, Banco de la RepÃºblica - EconomÃa Regional.
- Luis Armando Galvis & Adolfo Meisel, 2012. "Convergencia y trampas espaciales de pobreza en Colombia: Evidencia reciente," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 177, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luiz de Mello, 2008.
"Estimating a fiscal reaction function: the case of debt sustainability in Brazil,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 271-284.
- Luiz de Mello, 2005. "Estimating a Fiscal Reaction Function: The Case of Debt Sustainability in Brazil," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 423, OECD Publishing.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hansjörg Blöchliger & Balázs Égert, 2017. "Intergovernmental Transfers: Are they pro- or counter-cyclical?," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2017(3), pages 5-20.
- Christian Daude & Christine de la Maisonneuve, 2016. "Subnational fiscal sustainability, risk sharing and “fiscal fatigue” in Colombia," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 219(4), pages 137-160, December.
- Pablo Sanguinetti & Martin Besfamille, 2004. "Exerting local tax effort or lobbying for central transfers?: Evidence from Argentina," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 249, Econometric Society.
- Doris Prammer & Lukas Reiss, 2018. "How to increase fiscal stabilization at the euro area level?," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue Q2/18, pages 111-131.
- Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael, 2002. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 899-912, June.
- Hindriks, Jean & Peralta, Susana & Weber, Shlomo, 2008.
"Competing in taxes and investment under fiscal equalization,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(12), pages 2392-2402, December.
- HINDRIKS, Jean & PERALTA, Susana & WEBER, Shlomo, 2006. "Competing in taxes and investment under fiscal equalization," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2006109, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hindriks, Jean J.G. & Peralta, Susana & Weber, Shlomo, 2007. "Competing in Taxes and Investment under Fiscal Equalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 6431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean, HINDRIKS & Susana, PERALTA & Sholmo, WEBER, 2006. "Competing in taxes and investment under fiscal equalization," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006062, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Katia Berti & Eugeniu Colesnic & Cyril Desponts & Stephanie Pamies & Etienne Sail, 2016. "Fiscal Reaction Functions for European Union Countries," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 028, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Linda Andersson, 2008. "Fiscal Flows and Financial Markets: To What Extent Do They Provide Risk Sharing within Sweden?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 1003-1011.
- Hela Ben Hassine Khalladi, 2019. "Fiscal fatigue, public debt limits and fiscal space in some MENA countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(2), pages 1005-1017.
- Pablo MejÃa-Reyes & Reyna Vergara-GonzÃ¡lez, 2017. "Are More Severe Recessions Followed by Stronger Early Expansions of Employment in the Mexican States?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 47(3), pages 243-269, Fall.
- STOIAN, Andreea, 2012. "The Study Of Fiscal Sustainability For The Case Of Overindebted European Countries," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 16(4), pages 43-62.
- Hansjörg Blöchliger & Claire Charbit, 2008. "Fiscal equalisation," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2008(1), pages 1-22.
- Michele Cincera & Antonio Estache & Wolf Alexander, 2012. "Would Less Fiscal Decentralization Reduce Public Sector Size across Sectors in Europe ?," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-028, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robin Boadway & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2004.
"An Evaluation of the Stabilization Properties of Equalization in Canada,"
Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 30(1), pages 91-109, March.
- Robin Boadway & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2002. "An Evaluation Of The Risk-sharing Function Of Equalization In Canada," Working Paper 1006, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Robin Boadway & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2003. "An Evaluation Of The Stabilization Properties Of Equalization In Canada," Working Paper 1015, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Jean Hindriks & Susana Peralta & Shlomo Weber, 2014.
"Local Taxation of Global Corporation: A Simple Solution,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 113-114, pages 37-65.
- Hindriks, Jean J.G. & Peralta, Susana & Weber, Shlomo, 2013. "Local taxation of global corporations: a simple solution," CEPR Discussion Papers 9350, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- HINDRIKS, Jean & PERALTA, Susana & WEBER, Shlomo, 2013. "Local taxation of global corporation: a simple solution," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2013011, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- HINDRIKS, Jean & PERALTA, Susana & WEBER, Shlomo, 2014. "Local taxation of global corporation: a simple solution," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2616, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Modrego, Félix & Berdegué, Julio A., 2015. "A Large-Scale Mapping of Territorial Development Dynamics in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 11-31.
- Luiz de Mello, 2007. "The Brazilian 'Tax War': The Case of Value-Added Tax Competition among the States," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 544, OECD Publishing.
- David Bartolini & Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti & Raffaella Santolini, 2018.
"Fiscal Decentralization in Times of Financial Crises,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 64(3), pages 456-488.
- David Bartolini & Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti & Raffaella Santolini, 2015. "Fiscal decentralisation in times of financial crises," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1506, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Deepak Kumar Behera & Ranjan Kumar Mohanty & Umakant Dash, 2020. "Cyclicality of public health expenditure in India: role of fiscal transfer and domestic revenue mobilization," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 67(1), pages 87-110, March.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Mary-Françoise Renard & Sampawende Jules Tapsoba, 2015.
"Provincial Public Expenditure in China: A Tale of Profligacy,"
- Jean-Louis COMBES & Mary-Françoise RENARD & Sampawende Jules TAPSOBA, 2015. "Provincial Public Expenditure in China: A Tale of Profligacy," Working Papers 201524, CERDI.
More about this item
Keywordsfatigue budgétaire; Finances infranationales; fiscal fatigue; fiscal reaction function; fonction de réaction budgétaire; partage des risques; risk sharing; royalties; royalties; subnational finances; transfers; transferts;
All these keywords.
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2015-05-02 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:1202-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.