A Game-Theoretic Approach to the Binary Stochastic Choice Problem
We provide an equivalence theorem for the binary stochastic choice problem, which may be thought of as an implicit characterization of binary choice probabilities which are consistent with a probability over linear orderings. In some cases this implicit characterization is very useful in derivation of explicit necessary conditions. In particular, we present a new set of conditions which generalizes both Cohen and Falmagne's and Fishburn's conditions.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Sep 1989|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science, Northwestern University, 580 Jacobs Center, 2001 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208-2014|
Web page: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/math/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Itzhak Gilboa, 1990.
"A necessary but insufficient condition for the stochastic binary choice problem,"
- Itzhak Gilboa, 1989. "A Necessary but Insufficient Condition for the Stochastic Binary Choice Problem," Discussion Papers 818, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Daniel McFadden, 2005. "Revealed stochastic preference: a synthesis," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(2), pages 245-264, 08.
- Barbera, Salvador & Pattanaik, Prasanta K, 1986. "Falmagne and the Rationalizability of Stochastic Choices in Terms of Random Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 707-715, May.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Dov Monderer, 1989. "Quasi-Values on Subspaces," Discussion Papers 855, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Monderer, Dov, 1991. "Quasi-values on Subspaces," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 19(4), pages 353-363.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nwu:cmsems:854. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fran Walker)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.