Playing Chicken with Salmon
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weitzman, Martin L., 2002. "Landing Fees vs Harvest Quotas with Uncertain Fish Stocks," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 325-338, March.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Folk Theorem in Repeated Games with Discounting or with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 533-554, May.
- Laukkanen, Marita, 2003. "Cooperative and non-cooperative harvesting in a stochastic sequential fishery," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 454-473, March.
- Kreps, David M. & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Reputation and imperfect information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 253-279, August.
- Reed, William J., 1979. "Optimal escapement levels in stochastic and deterministic harvesting models," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 350-363, December.
- Jon Olaf Olaussen & Anders Skonhoft, 2005. "The bioeconomics of a wild Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) recreational fishery," Working Paper Series 6105, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Marita Laukkanen, 2001. "A Bioeconomic Analysis of the Northern Baltic Salmon Fishery: Coexistence versus Exclusion of Competing Sequential Fisheries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(3), pages 293-315, March.
- Bjorndal, Trond, 1988. "The optimal management of North Sea Herring," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 9-29, March.
- Martin J. Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 1994. "A Course in Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650401, January.
- B. A. Cook & R. L. McGaw, 1996. "Sport and Commercial Fishing Allocations for the Atlantic Salmon Fisheries of the Miramichi River," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 44(2), pages 165-171, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Soile Oinonen & Lone Grønbæk & Marita Laukkanen & Polina Levontin & Marko Lindroos & Emmi Nieminen & Katja Parkkila & Pedro Pintassilgo & Henni Pulkkinen & Atso Romakkaniemi, 2016. "International Fisheries Management and Recreational Benefits: The Case of Baltic Salmon," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(4), pages 433-451.
More about this item
KeywordsAtlantic salmon; game of chicken; recreational versus commercial fishing; side payment; stochastic ecology;
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-09-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2006-09-16 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nst:samfok:7406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilde Saxi Gildberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isontno.html .