The power performance of fixed-T panel unit root tests allowing for structural breaks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Karavias, Yiannis & Tzavalis, Elias, 2013. "The Power Performance of Fixed-T Panel Unit Root Tests allowing for Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 46012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jushan Bai & Josep Lluís Carrion-I-Silvestre, 2009.
"Structural Changes, Common Stochastic Trends, and Unit Roots in Panel Data,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 76(2), pages 471-501.
- Jushan Bai; Josep LluÃs Carrion-i-Silvestre, 2004. "Structural changes, common stochastic trends and unit roots in panel data," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 345, Econometric Society.
- Moon, Hyungsik Roger & Perron, Benoit & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2007.
"Incidental trends and the power of panel unit root tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 416-459, December.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Benoit Perron & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2003. "Incidental Trends and the Power of Panel Unit Root Tests," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1435, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Hyungsik Roger Moon & Benoit Perron, 2004. "Incidental Trends and the Power of Panel Unit Root Tests," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm414, Yale School of Management.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Benoit Perron & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2005. "Incidental Trends and the Power of Panel Unit Root Tests," IEPR Working Papers 05.38, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- David Harris & Steve Leybourne & Brendan McCabe, 2003. "Panel Stationarity Tests with Cross-sectional Dependence," Econometrics 0311005, EconWPA.
- Chan, Felix & Pauwels, Laurent, 2011. "Model specification in panel data unit root tests with an unknown break," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(7), pages 1299-1309.
- Hugo Kruiniger & Elias Tzavalis, 2002.
"Testing for unit roots in short dynamic panels with serially correlated and heteroskedastic disturbance terms,"
10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002
B5-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Hugo Kruiniger & Elias Tzavalis, 2002. "Testing for Unit Roots in Short Dynamic Panels with Serially Correlated and Heteroscedastic Disturbance Terms," Working Papers 459, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Jinyong Hahn & Guido Kuersteiner, 2002. "Asymptotically Unbiased Inference for a Dynamic Panel Model with Fixed Effects when Both "n" and "T" Are Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1639-1657, July.
- Kruiniger, Hugo, 2008. "Maximum likelihood estimation and inference methods for the covariance stationary panel AR(1)/unit root model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 447-464, June.
- Harris, David & Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J. & Sakkas, Nikolaos D., 2010.
"Local Asymptotic Power Of The Im-Pesaran-Shin Panel Unit Root Test And The Impact Of Initial Observations,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 311-324, February.
- David Harris & David I. Harvey & Stephen J. Leybourne & Nikoloas D. Sakkas, 2008. "Local asymptotic power of the Im-Pesaran-Shin panel unit root test and the impact of initial observations," Discussion Papers 08/02, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Karavias, Yiannis & Tzavalis, Elias, 2012. "Generalized �Fixed-T Panel Unit Root Tests Allowing for Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 43128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yiannis Karavias & Elias Tzavalis, "undated". "Generalized fixed-T panel unit root tests allowing for structural breaks," Discussion Papers 12/02, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Benoit Perron, 2008. "Asymptotic local power of pooled t-ratio tests for unit roots in panels with fixed effects," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 11(1), pages 80-104, March.
- Arellano, Manuel, 2003. "Panel Data Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245291.
- Harris, Richard D. F. & Tzavalis, Elias, 1999.
"Inference for unit roots in dynamic panels where the time dimension is fixed,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 201-226, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "HTUNIT: RATS procedure to implement Harris-Tzavalis unit root test for panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00092, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Harris, David & Leybourne, Stephen & McCabe, Brendan, 2005. "Panel Stationarity Tests for Purchasing Power Parity With Cross-Sectional Dependence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 395-409, October.
- Pauwels Laurent L. & Chan Felix & Mancini Griffoli Tommaso, 2012. "Testing for Structural Change in Heterogeneous Panels with an Application to the Euro's Trade Effect," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-35, November.
- Karavias, Yiannis & Tzavalis, Elias, 2014. "Testing for unit roots in short panels allowing for a structural break," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 391-407.
- Loukia Meligkotsidou & Elias Tzavalis & Ioannis D. Vrontos, 2004. "A Bayesian Analysis of Unit Roots and Structural Breaks in the Level and the Error Variance of Autoregressive Models," Working Papers 514, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Josep Lluís Carrion-i-Silvestre & Tomás del Barrio-Castro & Enrique López-Bazo, 2005.
"Breaking the panels: An application to the GDP per capita,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(2), pages 159-175, July.
- Josep Lluis Carrion Silvestre & Tomas del Barrio Castro & Enrique Lopez Bazo, 2003. "Breaking the panels. An application to the GDP per capita," Working Papers in Economics 97, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Loukia Meligkotsidou & Elias Tzavalis & Ioannis Vrontos, 2011. "A Bayesian Analysis of Unit Roots and Structural Breaks in the Level, Trend, and Error Variance of Autoregressive Models of Economic Series," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 208-249.
- repec:bla:buecrs:v:64:y:2012:i::p:s123-s148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edith Madsen, 2010. "Unit root inference in panel data models where the time-series dimension is fixed: a comparison of different tests," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 13(1), pages 63-94, February.
- David I. Harvey & Stephen J. Leybourne, 2005. "On testing for unit roots and the initial observation," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 97-111, March.
More about this item
KeywordsPanel data; unit root tests; structural breaks; local power; serial correlation; incidental trends;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notgts:13/01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tsnotuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.