Testing for Unit Roots in Short Dynamic Panels with Serially Correlated and Heteroscedastic Disturbance Terms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hugo Kruiniger & Elias Tzavalis, 2002. "Testing for unit roots in short dynamic panels with serially correlated and heteroskedastic disturbance terms," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B5-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 1998. "The business cycle: it's still a puzzle," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q IV, pages 56-83.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2003. "Improved frequency selective filters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 279-297, March.
- Stephen Pollock, 2000. "Circulant Matrices and Time-series Analysis," Working Papers 422, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Pollock, D S G, 2001. "Filters for Short Non-stationary Sequences," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 341-355, August.
- Gomez, Victor, 2001. "The Use of Butterworth Filters for Trend and Cycle Estimation in Economic Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(3), pages 365-373, July.
- Findley, David F, et al, 1998. "New Capabilities and Methods of the X-12-ARIMA Seasonal-Adjustment Program," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(2), pages 127-152, April.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Peter Young & Cho Ng & Peter Armitage, 1989. "A systems approach to recursive economic forecasting and seasonal adjustment," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 8, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrew C. Harvey & Thomas M. Trimbur, 2003.
"General Model-Based Filters for Extracting Cycles and Trends in Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 244-255, May.
- Harvey, A.C. & Trimbur, T.M., 2001. "General Model-based Filters for Extracting Cycles and Trends in Economic Time Series," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0113, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2000. "Trend estimation and de-trending via rational square-wave filters," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 317-334, December.
- Arthur F. Burns & Wesley C. Mitchell, 1946. "Measuring Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number burn46-1, January.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2003. "Recursive estimation in econometrics," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 37-75, October.
- Pollock, D. S. G., 2001. "Methodology for trend estimation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 75-96, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yiannis Karavias & Elias Tzavalis, "undated". "The local power of fixed-T panel unit root tests allowing for serially correlated errors," Discussion Papers 12/01, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Caterina Giannetti, 2015. "Unit roots and the dynamics of market shares: an analysis using an Italian banking micro-panel," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 537-555, March.
- Stephen Bond & Céline Nauges & Frank Windmeijer, 2005. "Unit roots: identification and testing in micro panels," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Karavias, Yiannis & Tzavalis, Elias, 2012. "On the Local Power of Fixed T Panel Unit Root Tests with Serially Correlated Errors," MPRA Paper 43131, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yiannis Karavias & Elias Tzavalis, "undated".
"The power performance of fixed-T panel unit root tests allowing for structural breaks,"
13/01, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Karavias, Yiannis & Tzavalis, Elias, 2013. "The Power Performance of Fixed-T Panel Unit Root Tests allowing for Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 46012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yiannis Karavias & Elias Tzavalis, "undated". "Testing for unit roots in panels with structural changes, spatial and temporal dependence when the time dimension is finite," Discussion Papers 14/03, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Giannetti, C., 2008. "Unit Roots and the Dynamics of Market Shares : An Analysis Using Italian Banking Micro-Panel," Discussion Paper 2008-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsPanel data; Unit roots; Serial correlation; Heteroscedasticity; Central limit theorem;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qmw:qmwecw:wp459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Owen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deqmwuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .