The Strategic Use of Download Limits by a Monopoly Platform
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicholas Economides & Benjamin E. Hermalin, 2015. "The strategic use of download limits by a monopoly platform," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(2), pages 297-327, June.
- Nicholas Economides & Benjamin Hermalin, 2014. "The Strategic Use of Download Limits by a Monopoly Platform," Working Papers 14-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Two‐sided markets: a progress report," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 645-667, September.
- Hsing Kenneth Cheng & Subhajyoti Bandyopadhyay & Hong Guo, 2011. "The Debate on Net Neutrality: A Policy Perspective," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 60-82, March.
- Marc Rysman, 2009. "The Economics of Two-Sided Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 125-143, Summer.
- Jay Pil Choi & Doh-Shin Jeon & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2015. "Net Neutrality, Business Models, and Internet Interconnection," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 104-141, August.
- Roson Roberto, 2005. "Two-Sided Markets: A Tentative Survey," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-19, June.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2010.
"Net neutrality and investment incentives,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 41(3), pages 446-471.
- Choi, Jay & Kim, Byung-Cheol, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," Working Paper Series 4010, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," Working Papers 08-03, NET Institute.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," CESifo Working Paper Series 2390, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anthony Dukes & Esther Gal–Or, 2003. "Negotiations and Exclusivity Contracts for Advertising," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 222-245, November.
- Jan Kraemer & Lukas Wiewiorra, 2010. "Network Neutrality and Congestion Sensitive Content Providers: Implications for Service Innovation, Broadband Investment and Regulation," Working Papers 10-09, NET Institute, revised Sep 2010.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:645-667 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calzada, Joan & Martínez-Santos, Fernando, 2014.
"Broadband prices in the European Union: Competition and commercial strategies,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 24-38.
- Calzada, Joan & Martínez, Fernando, 2012. "Broadband prices in the European Union: Competition and commercial strategies," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60382, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Joan Calzada & Fernando Martínez, 2013. "“Broadband prices in the European Union: competition and commercial strategies”," IREA Working Papers 201309, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2013.
- Shane Greenstein & Martin Peitz & Tommaso Valletti, 2016.
"Net Neutrality: A Fast Lane to Understanding the Trade-Offs,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 127-150, Spring.
- Shane Greenstein & Martin Peitz & Tommaso Valletti, 2016. "Net Neutrality: A Fast Lane to Understanding the Trade-offs," NBER Working Papers 21950, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenstein, Shane & Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2016. "Net neutrality: a fast lane to understanding the trade-offs," Working Papers 16-01, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- José Marino García García & Aurelia Valiño Castro & A. Jesús Sánchez Fuentes, 2016. "Price discrimination of ott providers under duopolistic competition and multi-dimmesional product differentiation in retail broadband access," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1607, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Aurélien Faravelon & Stéphane Grumbach, 2015. "Cross-Border Data Exchanges : The Rise of Platform Economy in Asia," Post-Print hal-01245080, HAL.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin, 2016. "Platform-Intermediated Trade with Uncertain Quality," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 172(1), pages 5-29, March.
- Joan Calzada & Fernando Martínez-Santos, 2016. "Pricing strategies and competition in the mobile broadband market," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 70-98, August.
More about this item
Keywordstwo-sided markets; Internet; download limits (caps); congested platforms; network neutrality; price discrimination;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:1326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .