Frictions and Tax-Motivated Hedging: An Empirical Exploration of Publicly-Traded Exchangeable Securities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1996. "Market microstructure and asset pricing: On the compensation for illiquidity in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 441-464, July.
- Hodrick, Laurie Simon, 1999. "Does stock price elasticity affect corporate financial decisions?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 225-256, May.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Leftwich, Richard W. & Mayers, David, 1990. "Large-block transactions, the speed of response, and temporary and permanent stock-price effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 71-95, July.
- Lang, Larry & Poulsen, Annette & Stulz, Rene, 1995.
"Asset sales, firm performance, and the agency costs of managerial discretion,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 3-37, January.
- Larry Lang & Annette Poulsen & Rene M. Stulz, 1994. "Asset Sales, Firm Performance, and the Agency Costs of Managerial Discretion," NBER Working Papers 4654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David F. Bradford, 1996. "Fixing Capital Gains: Symmetry, Consistency and Correctness in the Taxation of Financial Instruments," NBER Working Papers 5754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brent, Averil & Morse, Dale & Stice, E. Kay, 1990. "Short Interest: Explanations and Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 273-289, June.
- Lockwood, Larry J. & Rutherford, Ronald C. & Herrera, Martin J., 1996. "Wealth effects of asset securitization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 151-164, January.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1985. "Stock price effects and costs of secondary distributions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 165-194, June.
- Hudson, Carl D & Jensen, Marlin R H & Pugh, William N, 1993. "Informational versus Price-Pressure Effects: Evidence from Secondary Offerings," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(3), pages 193-207, Fall.
- Brad M. Barber, 1993. "Exchangeable Debt," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(2), Summer.
- Ghosh, Chinmoy & Varma, Raj & Woolridge, J. Randall, 1990. "An analysis of exchangeable debt offers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 251-263.
- Jeffrey W. Allen & John J. McConnell, 1998. "Equity Carve-Outs and Managerial Discretion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 163-186, February.
- Thomas, Hugh, 1999. "A preliminary look at gains from asset securitization," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 321-333, August.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
- Jun-Koo, Kang & Lee, Yul W., 1996. "The pricing of convertible debt offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 231-248, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mihir A. Desai & William M. Gentry, 2004.
"The Character and Determinants of Corporate Capital Gains,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 18, pages 1-36
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mihir A. Desai & William M. Gentry, 2003. "The Character and Determinants of Corporate Capital Gains," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-04, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Mihir Desai & William M. Gentry, 2003. "The Character and Determinants of Corporate Capital Gains," NBER Working Papers 10153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Danielova & Scott Smart, 2012. "Stock Price Effects of Mandatory Exchangeable Debt," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 18(1), pages 40-52, February.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:18:y:2012:i:1:p:40-52 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.