The Behavior of Home Buyers in Boom and Post-Boom Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "The behavior of home buyers in boom and post-boom markets," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Nov, pages 29-46.
- Robert J. Shiller & Karl E. Case, 1988. "The Behavior of Home Buyers in Boom and Post-Boom Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 890, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Loomes, Graham & Sugden, Robert, 1982. "Regret Theory: An Alternative Theory of Rational Choice under Uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 805-824, December.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Investor Behavior in the October 1987 Stock Market Crash: Survey Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2446, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ferris, Stephen P & Haugen, Robert A & Makhija, Anil K, 1988. " Predicting Contemporary Volume with Historic Volume at Differential Price Levels: Evidence Supporting the Disposition Effect," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 677-697, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Suzanne O’Curry Fogel & Thomas Berry, 2010. "The Disposition Effect and Individual Investor Decisions: The Roles of Regret and Counterfactual Alternatives," Chapters, in: Brian Bruce (ed.), Handbook of Behavioral Finance, chapter 4, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Shiller, Robert J., 1999.
"Human behavior and the efficiency of the financial system,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 20, pages 1305-1340,
- Robert J. Shiller, 1998. "Human Behavior and the Efficiency of the Financial System," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1172, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1998. "Human Behavior and the Efficiency of the Financial System," NBER Working Papers 6375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Georgia Perakis & Guillaume Roels, 2008. "Regret in the Newsvendor Model with Partial Information," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(1), pages 188-203, February.
- Koutmos, Dimitrios, 2012. "An intertemporal capital asset pricing model with heterogeneous expectations," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1176-1187.
- Martín Egozcue & Xu Guo & Wing-Keung Wong, 2015.
"Optimal output for the regret-averse competitive firm under price uncertainty,"
Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(2), pages 279-295, December.
- Broll, Udo & Ergozue, Martin & Welzel, Peter & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2013. "Optimal Output for the Regret-Averse Competitive Firm Under Price Uncertainty," MPRA Paper 51703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D'Arcangelis, Anna Maria & Rotundo, Giulia, 2021. "Herding in mutual funds: A complex network approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 679-686.
- van Dijk, Wilco W. & van der Pligt, Joop, 1997. "The Impact of Probability and Magnitude of Outcome on Disappointment and Elation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 277-284, March.
- Ming Li & Dipjyoti Majumdar, 2010.
"A Psychologically Based Model of Voter Turnout,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 12(5), pages 979-1002, October.
- Li, Ming & Majumdar, Dipjyoti, 2006. "A psychologically-based model of voter turnout," MPRA Paper 10719, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2008.
- Ming Li & Dipjyoti Majumdar, 2006. "A psychologically-based model of voter turnout," Working Papers 08008, Concordia University, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- Kobana Abukari & Isaac Otchere, 2020. "Dominance of hybrid contratum strategies over momentum and contrarian strategies: half a century of evidence," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 34(4), pages 471-505, December.
- Peng Li & Ju Liu & Cuiping Wei, 2019. "A Dynamic Decision Making Method Based on GM(1,1) Model with Pythagorean Fuzzy Numbers for Selecting Waste Disposal Enterprises," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-19, October.
- Vaida Kaduskeviciute & Sigitas Urbonavicius, 2019. "Webrooming: A Way of Dealing with Uncertainties in Purchasing," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 31(2), pages 139-152.
- Qin, Jie, 2015. "A model of regret, investor behavior, and market turbulence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 150-174.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11681 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sugden, Robert & Wang, Mengjie & Zizzo, Daniel John, 2019.
"Take it or leave it: Experimental evidence on the effect of time-limited offers on consumer behaviour,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 1-23.
- Robert Sugden & Mengjie Wang & Daniel John Zizzo, 2015. "Take it or leave it: Experimental evidence on the effect of time-limited offers on consumer behaviour," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS) 15-19, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Chorus, Caspar G., 2014. "Benefit of adding an alternative to one׳s choice set: A regret minimization perspective," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 49-59.
- Camille Magron & Maxime Merli, 2012. "Stocks repurchase and sophistication of individual investors," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2012-02, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Michaël Lainé, 2014. "Vers une alternative au paradigme de la rationalité ? Victoires et déboires du programme spinoziste en économie," Post-Print hal-01335618, HAL.
- Enrico G. De Giorgi & Thierry Post, 2011.
"Loss Aversion with a State-Dependent Reference Point,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(6), pages 1094-1110, June.
- Enrico G. De Giorgi & Thierry Post, 2010. "Loss aversion with a state-dependent reference point," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2010 2010-23, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Tonin, Stefania, 2018. "Citizensâ€™ perspectives on marine protected areas as a governance strategy to effectively preserve marine ecosystem services and biodiversity," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(PB), pages 189-200.
- Nunnari, Salvatore & Zapal, Jan, 2017.
"A Model of Focusing in Political Choice,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Salvatore Nunnari & Jan Zapal, 2017. "A Model of Focusing in Political Choice," Working Papers 599, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Salvatore Nunnari & Jan Zapal, 2017. "A Model of Focusing in Political Choice," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp587, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- van Dijk, W.W. & Zeelenberg, M. & van der Pligt, J., 1999. "Not having what you want versus having what you don't want : The impact of the type of negative outcome on the experience of disappointment and related emotions," Other publications TiSEM 5d1661b1-db82-4773-8ac4-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2748. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.