Sales Mechanisms in Online Markets: What Happened to Internet Auctions?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Liran Einav & Theresa Kuchler & Jonathan Levin & Neel Sundaresan, 2011.
"Learning from Seller Experiements in Online Markets,"
10-033, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Liran Einav & Theresa Kuchler & Jonathan D. Levin & Neel Sundaresan, 2011. "Learning from Seller Experiments in Online Markets," NBER Working Papers 17385, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hammond, Robert G., 2010. "Comparing revenue from auctions and posted prices," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Jong-Rong Chen & Kong-Pin Chen & Chien-Fu Chou & Ching-I Huang, 2013.
"A Dynamic Model of Auctions with Buy-It-Now: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 393-429, June.
- Chen, Jong-Rong & Chen, Kong-Pin & Chou, Chien-Fu & Huang, Ching-I, 2006. "A dynamic model of auctions with buy-it-now: theory and evidence," MPRA Paper 38371, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Nov 2011.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tobias J. Klein & Christian Lambertz & Konrad O. Stahl, 2016.
"Market Transparency, Adverse Selection, and Moral Hazard,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 124(6), pages 1677-1713.
- Tobias J. Klein & Christian Lambertz & Konrad O. Stahl, 2013. "Market Transparency, Adverse Selection, and Moral Hazard," CESifo Working Paper Series 4552, CESifo Group Munich.
- Klein, Tobias J. & Lambertz, Christian & Stahl, Konrad O., 2013. "Market Transparency, Adverse Selection, and Moral Hazard," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 426, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Klein, Tobias J. & Lambertz, Christian & Stahl, Konrad, 2014. "Market Transparency, Adverse Selection, and Moral Hazard," Working Papers 14-25, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Bergemann, Dirk & Pavan, Alessandro, 2015. "Introduction to Symposium on Dynamic Contracts and Mechanism Design," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PB), pages 679-701.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:92:y:2016:i:1:p:96-108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hummel, Patrick, 2015. "Simultaneous use of auctions and posted prices," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 269-284.
- Kong-Pin Chen & Hung-pin Lai & Ya-Ting Yu, 2014. "Do consumers discount parallel imports?," Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 58-77, March.
- Eberhard Feess & Christian Grund & Markus Walzl & Ansgar Wohlschlegel, 2014. "Competing Trade Mechanisms and Monotone Mechanism Choice," Working Papers 2014-28, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Liran Einav & Jonathan Levin, 2014.
"The Data Revolution and Economic Analysis,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 1-24.
- Liran Einav & Jonathan D. Levin, 2013. "The Data Revolution and Economic Analysis," NBER Working Papers 19035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liran Einav & Johnathan Levin, 2013. "The Data Revolution and Economic Analysis," Discussion Papers 12-017, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Bauner, Christoph, 2015. "Mechanism choice and the buy-it-now auction: A structural model of competing buyers and sellers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 19-31.
- Matthew Backus & Thomas Blake & Dimitriy V. Masterov & Steven Tadelis, 2017. "Expectation, Disappointment, and Exit: Reference Point Formation in a Marketplace," NBER Working Papers 23022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Backus & Tom Blake & Steven Tadelis, 2015. "Cheap Talk, Round Numbers, and the Economics of Negotiation," NBER Working Papers 21285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wataru Tamura, 2016. "Auction Platform Design and the Linkage Principle," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 201-225, June.
- Dirk Bergemann & Alessandro Pavan, 2015. "Introduction to JET Symposium Issue on "Dynamic Contracts and Mechanism Design"," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2016, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hanzhe Zhang, 2013. "The Optimal Sequence of Costly Mechanisms," Working Papers 2014-005, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Sandro Shelegia & Joshua Sherman, 2018. "Bargaining at Retail Stores: Evidence from Vienna," Working Papers 1032, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Sandro Shelegia & Joshua Sherman, 2018. "Bargaining at Retail Stores: Evidence from Vienna," Economics Working Papers 1606, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- D47 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Market Design
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-05-11 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ICT-2013-05-11 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-MKT-2013-05-11 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.