Counterfeit or Substandard? Assessing Price and Non-Price Signals of Drug Quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1979. "Quacks, Lemons, and Licensing: A Theory of Minimum Quality Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1328-1346, December.
- Png, I P L & Reitman, David, 1995. "Why Are Some Products Branded and Others Not?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(1), pages 207-224, April.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Phillip Leslie, 2009. "Reputational Incentives for Restaurant Hygiene," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 237-267, February.
- Michael J. Mazzeo, 2004. "Retail Contracting and Organizational Form: Alternatives to Chain Affiliation in the Motel Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 599-615, December.
- Yi Qian, 2008. "Impacts of Entry by Counterfeiters," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1577-1609.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1983. "Prices as Signals of Product Quality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 647-658.
- Bate, Roger & Jin, Ginger Zhe & Mathur, Aparna, 2011.
"Does price reveal poor-quality drugs? Evidence from 17 countries,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1150-1163.
- Roger Bate & Ginger Zhe Jin & Aparna Mathur, 2011. "Does Price Reveal Poor-Quality Drugs? Evidence from 17 Countries," NBER Working Papers 16854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhaskarabhatla, Ajay & Chatterjee, Chirantan, 2017. "The role of physicians in prescribing irrational fixed-dose combination medicines in India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 174(C), pages 179-187.
More about this item
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18073. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .