Tax Expenditures, the Size and Efficiency of Government, and Implications for Budget Reform
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deborah Lucas, 2010. "Measuring and Managing Federal Financial Risk," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number luca07-1, June.
- Leonard E. Burman & Christopher Geissler & Eric J. Toder, 2008. "How Big Are Total Individual Income Tax Expenditures, and Who Benefits from Them?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 79-83, May.
- Sijbren Cnossen & Hans-Werner Sinn (ed.), 2003. "Public Finance and Public Policy in the New Century," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262033046, January.
- Davie, Bruce F., 1994. "Tax Expenditures in the Federal Excise Tax System," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 47(1), pages 39-62, March.
- David Bradford, 2001. "Reforming Budgetary Language," CESifo Working Paper Series 619, CESifo Group Munich.
- Burman, Leonard E. & Rohaly, Jeffrey & Rosenberg, Joseph & Lim, Katherine C., 2010. "Catastrophic Budget Failure," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 63(3), pages 561-583, September.
- Davie, Bruce F., 1994. "Tax Expenditures in the Federal Excise Tax System," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 47(1), pages 39-62, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salvador Barrios & Serena Fatica & Diego Martinez & Gilles Mourre, 2015.
"The fiscal effects of work-related tax expenditures in Europe,"
European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015
545, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Salvador Barrios & Serena Fatica & Diego Martínez-López & Gilles Mourre, 2015. "The fiscal effects of work-related tax expenditures in Europe," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1504, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Alex Laurin & William Robson, 2013. "Prudence and Opportunity: A Shadow Federal Budget for 2013," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 375, March.
- Ryta I. Dziemianowicz & Adam Wyszkowski & Renata Budlewska, 2014. "Tax expenditures jako ukryta forma wydatków publicznych," Gospodarka Narodowa, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 3, pages 35-62.
More about this item
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2011-08-15 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2011-08-15 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .