Public Pension Funding in Practice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Roderick Carr, "undated". "State and Local Pension Plans," Pension Research Council Working Papers 95-13, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Alicia H. Munnell & Annika Sunden, "undated". "Investment Practices of State and Local Pension Funds: Implications for Social Security Reform," Pension Research Council Working Papers 99-9, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Alicia H. Munnell & Jean-Pierre Aubry & Laura Quinby, 2010. "The Funding of State and Local Pensions: 2009-2013," Issues in Brief slp10, Center for Retirement Research, revised Apr 2010.
- Coronado, Julie L. & Engen, Eric M. & Knight, Brian, 2003. "Public Funds and Private Capital Markets: The Investment Practices and Performance of State and Local Pension Funds," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 56(3), pages 579-594, September.
- Johnson, R.W., 1995. "Pension Underfunding and Liberal Retirement Benefits Among State and Local Government Workers," Papers 95-04, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & Ping Lung Hsin, 1994. "Public Sector Pension Governance and Performance," NBER Working Papers 4632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & David W. Wilcox, 2009. "Discounting State and Local Pension Liabilities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 538-542, May.
- Francis M. Vitagliano & Richard W. Kopcke & Zhenya Karamcheva, 2010. "Reducing Costs of 401(k) Plans with ETFs and Commingled Trusts," Issues in Brief ib2010-11, Center for Retirement Research, revised Jul 2010.
- Tongxuan (Stella) Yang & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2008. "Public Sector Pension Governance, Funding and Performance: A Longitudinal Appraisal," Chapters,in: Pension Fund Governance, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Robert Clark & Joshua Rauh, 2011. "The Economics of State and Local Public Pensions," NBER Working Papers 16792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean Baker, 2011. "The Origins and Severity of the Public Pension Crisis," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2011-04, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- repec:bla:pbudge:v:37:y:2017:i:4:p:92-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dashle Kelley, 2014. "The political economy of unfunded public pension liabilities," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 21-38, January.
- Meijdam, A.C. & Ponds, E.H.M., 2013. "On the Optimal Degree Of Funding Of Public Sector Pension Plans," Discussion Paper 2013-011, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Triest, Robert K. & Zhao, Bo, 2013. "The role of economic, fiscal, and financial shocks in the evolution of public sector pension funding," Working Papers 13-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- repec:spr:ecogov:v:19:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10101-018-0201-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Godbout, Luc & Trudel, Yves & St-Cerny, Suzie, 2013. "Le régime de rentes du Québec : le rendement différencié selon l’année de prise de la retraite de 1968 jusqu’en 2056," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 89(2), pages 89-113, Juin.
- Dominique Durant & David Lenze & Marshall B. Reinsdorf, 2014. "Adding Actuarial Estimates of Defined-Benefit Pension Plans to National Accounts," NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Wealth and Financial Intermediation and Their Links to the Real Economy, pages 151-203 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:nbr:nberch:12836 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sutirtha Bagchi, 2013. "The Effects of Political Competition on the Funding and Generosity of Public-Sector Pension Plans," 2013 Papers pba941, Job Market Papers.
More about this item
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .