The Impossibility of Rational Bubbles
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Mussa, 1984. "Rational Expectations Models with a Continuum of Convergent Solutions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Evans & Seppo Honkapohja, 1986. "A Complete Characterization of ARMA Solutions to Linear Rational Expectations Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(2), pages 227-239.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983.
"Speculative Hyperinflations in Maximizing Models: Can We Rule Them Out?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 675-687, August.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1981. "Speculative hyperinflations in a maximizing models: can we rule them out?," International Finance Discussion Papers 195, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 1983. "Speculative Hyperinflations in Maximizing Models: Can We Rule Them Out?," Scholarly Articles 12491027, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1982. "Speculative Hyperinflations in Maximizing Models: Can We Rule Them Out?," NBER Working Papers 0855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1984.
"Dynamic Instability in Rational Expectations Models: An Attempt to Clarify,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 93-122, February.
- Jo Anna Gray, 1982. "Dynamic instability in rational expectations models: an attempt to clarify," International Finance Discussion Papers 197, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tirole, Jean, 1982. "On the Possibility of Speculation under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1163-1181, September.
- Kingston, Geoffrey H., 1982. "The semi-log portfolio balance schedule is tenuous," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 389-399.
- Flood, Robert P & Garber, Peter M, 1980. "Market Fundamentals versus Price-Level Bubbles: The First Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(4), pages 745-770, August.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1981. "Self-fulfilling prophecies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 380-396, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Behzad T. Diba & Herschel I. Grossman, 1985. "Rational Bubbles in Stock Prices?," NBER Working Papers 1779, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- FETINIUC, Valentina & IVAN, Luchian & GHERBOVEŢ, Sergiu, 2014. "Speculative Bubbles And Financial Crises," Journal of Financial and Monetary Economics, Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 1(1), pages 153-162.
- Robert P. Flood & Robert J. Hodrick & Paul Kaplan, 1986. "An Evaluation of Recent Evidence on Stock Market Bubbles," NBER Working Papers 1971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kowalski, Amanda E., 2015.
"Estimating the tradeoff between risk protection and moral hazard with a nonlinear budget set model of health insurance,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 122-135.
- Amanda E. Kowalski, 2012. "Estimating the Tradeoff Between Risk Protection and Moral Hazard with a Nonlinear Budget Set Model of Health Insurance," NBER Working Papers 18108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- West, Kenneth D., 1987.
"A standard monetary model and the variability of the deutschemark-dollar exchange rate,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 57-76, August.
- Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Standard Monetary Model and the Variability of the Deutschemark-DollarExchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 2102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.