Public & Private Spillovers, Location and the Productivity of Pharmaceutical Research
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jeffrey Furman & Margaret K. Kyle & Alain Cockburn & Rebecca M. Henderson, 2005. "Public & Private Spillovers: Location and the Productivity of Pharmaceutical Research," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 79-80, pages 165-188.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feldman, Maryann & Schreuder, Yda, 1996. "Initial Advantage: The Origins of the Geographic Concentration of the Pharmaceutical Industry in the Mid-Atlantic Region," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 839-862.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1986.
"Technological Opportunity and Spillovers of R&D: Evidence from Firms' Patents, Profits, and Market Value,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 984-1001, December.
- Adam B. Jaffe, 1986. "Technological Opportunity and Spillovers of R&D: Evidence from Firms' Patents, Profits and Market Value," NBER Working Papers 1815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Gambardella,Alfonso, 1995. "Science and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521451185.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1169-1184, September.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"The Search for R&D Spillovers,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 251-268
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2003. "Mobility and Social Networks: Localised Knowledge Spillovers Revisited," KITeS Working Papers 142, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Mar 2003.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee Branstetter & Chirantan Chatterjee & Matthew J. Higgins, 2014. "Starving (or Fattening) the Golden Goose?: Generic Entry and the Incentives for Early-Stage Pharmaceutical Innovation," NBER Working Papers 20532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anders Brostrom & Maureen McKelvey & Christian Sandstrom, 2009. "Investing in Localized Relationships with Universities: What are the Benefits for R&D Subsidiaries of Multinational Enterprises?," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 59-78.
- Nishimura, Junichi & Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 2011.
"Subsidy and networking: The effects of direct and indirect support programs of the cluster policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 714-727, June.
- Nishimura, Junichi & Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 2012. "Subsidy and networking: The effects of direct and indirect support programs of the cluster policy," Working Paper Series 22, Center for Interfirm Network, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bettina Becker, 2015. "Public R&D Policies And Private R&D Investment: A Survey Of The Empirical Evidence," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5), pages 917-942, December.
- Su, Hsin-Ning, 2017. "Collaborative and Legal Dynamics of International R&D- Evolving Patterns in East Asia," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 217-227.
- Marie-Laure Cabon-Dhersin & Emmanuelle Taugourdeau, 2015.
"Research clusters: How public subsidies matter,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
15013, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Marie-Laure Cabon-Dhersin & Emmanuelle Taugourdeau, 2015. "Research clusters: How public subsidies matter?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01159523, HAL.
- Anna Giunta & Filippo M. Pericoli & Eleonora Pierucci, 2016. "University–Industry collaboration in the biopharmaceuticals: the Italian case," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 818-840, August.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Nishimura, Junichi, 2011. "Management of Cluster Policies: Case Studies of Japanese, German, and French Bio-clusters," CEI Working Paper Series 2011-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ashish Arora & Michelle Gittelman & Sarah Kaplan & John Lynch & Will Mitchell & Nicolaj Siggelkow & Juan Alcácer & Minyuan Zhao, 2016. "Zooming in: A practical manual for identifying geographic clusters," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 10-21, January.
- Catini, Roberto & Karamshuk, Dmytro & Penner, Orion & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2015.
"Identifying geographic clusters: A network analytic approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1749-1762.
- Catini, Roberto & Karamshuk, Dmytro & Penner, Orion & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2015. "Identifying Geographic Clusters: A Network Analytic Approach," MPRA Paper 64454, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:541-:d:94915 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2006-09-23 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2006-09-23 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2006-09-23 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2006-09-23 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TID-2006-09-23 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
- NEP-URE-2006-09-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:12509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .