An Empirical Analysis of the Economic Impact of Federal Terrorism Reinsurance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brown, Jeffrey R. & Cummins, J. David & Lewis, Christopher M. & Wei, Ran, 2004. "An empirical analysis of the economic impact of federal terrorism reinsurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 861-898, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dwight M. Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1996. "Catastrophe Insurance, Capital Markets and Uninsurable Risks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Paul G. J. O'Connell, 1999. "The Pricing of U.S. Catastrophe Reinsurance," NBER Chapters,in: The Financing of Catastrophe Risk, pages 195-232 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Anton Braun & Richard M. Todd & Neil Wallace, 1998. "The role of damage-contingent contracts in allocating the risks of natural catastrophes," Working Papers 586, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Froot, Kenneth A., 2001.
"The market for catastrophe risk: a clinical examination,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 529-571, May.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1999. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 7286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 2001. "The Market for Catastrophe Risk: A Clinical Examination," NBER Working Papers 8110, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James, Christopher, 1983. "An analysis of intra-industry differences in the effect of regulation : The case of deposit rate ceilings," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 417-432, September.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Brown, Jeffrey R. & Kroszner, Randall S. & Jenn, Brian H., 2002. "Federal Terrorism Risk Insurance," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 55(3), pages 647-657, September.
- Laurence Schumann, 1988. "State Regulation of Takeovers and Shareholder Wealth: The Case of New York's 1985 Takeover Statutes," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(4), pages 557-567, Winter.
- Schwert, G William, 1981. "Using Financial Data to Measure Effects of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 121-158, April.
- Doherty, Neil A & Lamm-Tennant, Joan & Starks, Laura T, 2003. "Insuring September 11th: Market Recovery and Transparency," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 179-199, March-May.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Sanjai Bhagat & Roberta Romano, 2001. "Event Studies and the Law: Part II - Empirical Studies of Corporate Law," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2453, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2002.
- Christopher Lewis & Kevin C. Murdock, 1999. "Alternative Means of Redistributing Catastrophic Risk in a National Risk-Management System," NBER Chapters,in: The Financing of Catastrophe Risk, pages 51-92 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joskow, Paul L & McLaughlin, Linda, 1991. "McCarran-Ferguson Act Reform: More Competition or More Regulation?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 373-401, December.
- Cutler, David M, 1988. "Tax Reform and the Stock Market: An Asset Price Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1107-1117, December.
- repec:bla:joares:v:21:y:1983:i:1:p:184-221 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-07 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:10388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.