Does Aid Induce Brain Drain? The Effect of Foreign Aid on Migration Selection
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alfonso Flores-Lagunes, 2007. "Finite sample evidence of IV estimators under weak instruments," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 677-694.
- Jeff Dayton-Johnson & Louka T. Katseli, 2006. "Migration, Aid and Trade: Policy Coherence for Development," OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs 28, OECD Publishing.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tiziano Arduini & Eleonora Patacchini & Edoardo Rainone, 2020.
"Treatment Effects With Heterogeneous Externalities,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 826-838, October.
- Arduini, Tiziano & Patacchini, Eleonora & Rainone, Edoardo, 2019. "Treatment Effects with Heterogeneous Externalities," CEPR Discussion Papers 13781, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brockhaus, Jan & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Kozicka, Marta, 2016. "What Drives India’s Rice Stocks? Empirical Evidence," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235659, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Byung-Seong Min & Peter Verhoeven, 2013. "Outsider Board Activity, Ownership Structure and Firm Value: Evidence from Korea," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 187-214, June.
- de Souza, Joao Paulo A., 2015. "Evidence of growth complementarity between agriculture and industry in developing countries," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-18.
- Anthony Strittmatter & Uwe Sunde, 2013.
"Health and economic development—evidence from the introduction of public health care,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 1549-1584, October.
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Health and Economic Development: Evidence from the Introduction of Public Health Care," IZA Discussion Papers 5901, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Sunde, Uwe, 2013. "Health and economic development-evidence from the introduction of public health care," Munich Reprints in Economics 19593, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Strittmatter, Anthony & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Health and Economic Development - Evidence from the Introduction of Public Health Care," Economics Working Paper Series 1132, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Stephen Knowles & P. Dorian Owen, 2010.
"Which Institutions are Good for Your Health? The Deep Determinants of Comparative Cross-country Health Status,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 701-723.
- P. Dorian Owen & Stephen Knowles, 2008. "Which Institutions are Good for Your Health? The Deep Determinants of Comparative Cross-country Health Status," Working Papers 0811, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- McDonough, Ian K. & Millimet, Daniel L., 2017. "Missing data, imputation, and endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 199(2), pages 141-155.
- Koczan, Zs, 2013. "Does identity matter," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1313, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:hal:journl:dumas-00802135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antoine Bonleu & Gilbert Cette & Guillaume Horny, 2013.
"Capital utilization and retirement,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3483-3494, August.
- Antoine Bonleu & Gilbert Cette & Guillaume Horny, 2011. "Capital Utilisation and Retirement," Working Papers halshs-00635477, HAL.
- Antoine Bonleu & Gilbert Cette & Guillaume Horny, 2013. "Capital utilization and retirement," Post-Print hal-01500866, HAL.
- Bonleu, A. & Cette, G. & Horny, G., 2011. "Capital Utilisation and Retirement," Working papers 343, Banque de France.
- Jan F. Kiviet, 2013.
"Identification and inference in a simultaneous equation under alternative information sets and sampling schemes,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 16(1), pages 24-59, February.
- Jan F. KIVIET, 2012. "Identification and Inference in a Simultaneous Equation Under Alternative Information Sets and Sampling Schemes," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1207, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Jan F. Kiviet, 2012. "Identification and Inference in a Simultaneous Equation under Alternative Information Sets and Sampling Schemes," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-128/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- McAusland, Carol & Millimet, Daniel L., 2013. "Do national borders matter? Intranational trade, international trade, and the environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 411-437.
- Noud P.A. van Giersbergen, 2011. "Bootstrapping Subset Test Statistics in IV Regression," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 11-08, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 2010.
"Wild Bootstrap Tests for IV Regression,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 128-144.
- James G. MacKinnon & Russell Davidson, 2007. "Wild Bootstrap Tests For Iv Regression," Working Paper 1135, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 2007. "Wild Bootstrap Tests For Iv Regression," Departmental Working Papers 2007-14, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & James Mackinnon, 2009. "Wild bootstrap tests for IV regression," Working Papers halshs-00443550, HAL.
- Alexandre Dmitriev, 2013. "Institutions and growth: evidence from estimation methods robust to weak instruments," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(13), pages 1625-1635, May.
- Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Wohlfart, Johannes, 2016.
"“Relative concerns for consumption at the top”: An intertemporal analysis for the UK,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 172-194.
- Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Wohlfart, Johannes, 2014. "Relative Concerns for Consumption at the Top: An Intertemporal Analysis for the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 8502, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Roy, Jayjit, 2011.
"Three New Empirical Tests of the Pollution Haven Hypothesis When Environmental Regulation is Endogenous,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5911, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Daniel L. Millimet & Jayjit Roy, 2011. "Three New Empirical Tests of the Pollution Haven Hypothesis When Environmental Regulation is Endogenous," Working Papers 11-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Simon A. Broda & Raymond Kan, 2016. "On distributions of ratios," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 103(1), pages 205-218.
- Anna Minasyan & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2016. "Remittances and the Effectiveness of Foreign Aid," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 681-701, August.
- Rachida Ouysse, 2011. "Computationally efficient approximation for the double bootstrap mean bias correction," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2388-2403.
- Chau, Tak Wai, 2014. "On the equivalence of indirect inference and bootstrap bias correction for linear IV estimators," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 333-335.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign aid; International migration; Self-selection; Brain drain.;
All these keywords.
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2011-03-26 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nam:wpaper:1012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Helene Mathieu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fsfunbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.