The Health Care Industry in the Nashville MSA: Its Scope and Impact on the Regional Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Murat Arik, 2006. "The Health Care Industry in the Nashville MSA: Its Scope and Impact on the Regional Economy," Studies 200706, Middle Tennessee State University, Business and Economic Research Center.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stan McMillen & Hulya Varol & Edward Zolnick & Na Li Dawson, 2001. "The Second MetroHartford Regional Performance Benchmark," CCEA Studies 2001-08, University of Connecticut, Connecticut Center for Economic Analysis.
- Thomas H. Klier & William A. Testa, 2002. "Location trends of large company headquarters during the 1990s," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 26(Q II), pages 12-26.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul, 2014. "Too close for comfort? Geographic propinquity to political power and stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 57-78.
- Michael E. Cummings & Alan Gamlen, 2019. "Diaspora engagement institutions and venture investment activity in developing countries," Journal of International Business Policy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 2(4), pages 289-313, December.
- Anthony J. Evans, 2016. "The unintended consequences of easy money: How access to finance impedes entrepreneurship," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 29(3), pages 233-252, September.
- George A. Erickcek & Hannah McKinney, 2004. "Small Cities Blues: Looking for Growth Factors in Small and Medium-Sized Cities," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-100, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Rapanna, Patta, 2018. "The Development of Tourism Based on Local Wisdom in Indonesia," INA-Rxiv 5ayft, Center for Open Science.
- Aaron B. Gertz & James B. Davies & Samantha L. Black, 2019.
"A CGE Framework for Modeling the Economics of Flooding and Recovery in a Major Urban Area,"
Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(6), pages 1314-1341, June.
- Aaron B. Gertz & James Davies, 2015. "A CGE Framework for Modelling the Economics of Flooding and Recovery in a Major Urban Area," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20152, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Piotr Nowaczyk, 2018. "The Concept Of Development Of West Pomerania'S Coastal Areas Based On The Polarizaton-Diffusion Model," Business Logistics in Modern Management, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 18, pages 419-435.
- Víctor G. Alfaro-García & Anna M. Gil-Lafuente & Gerardo G. Alfaro Calderón, 2017. "A fuzzy approach to a municipality grouping model towards creation of synergies," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 391-408, September.
- Camelia Moraru & Romana Emilia Cramarenco, 2014. "Methodological Diversity In The Study Of Innovation. The Place And Role Of Innovative Industrial Clusters Research Methodology," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 8(1), pages 54-68, JUNE.
- James E. Rauch & Joel Watson, 2015. "Client-Based Entrepreneurship," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 30-60.
- Mikaela Backman & Charlie Karlsson, 2016.
"Determinants of self-employment among commuters and non-commuters,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 755-774, November.
- Backman, Mikaela & Karlsson, Charlie, 2014. "Determinants of self-employment among commuters and non-commuters," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 365, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Erwin Van Tuijl & Leo Van den Berg, 2016. "Annual City Festivals as Tools for Sustainable Competitiveness: The World Port Days Rotterdam," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-13, May.
- A. Alventosa & Y. Gómez & V. Martínez-Molés & J. Vila, 2016. "Location and Innovation Optimism: a Behavioral-Experimental Approach," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(4), pages 890-904, December.
- Anna ARENT & Matylda BOJAR & Francisco DINIZ & Nelson DUARTE, 2015.
"The Role Of Smes In Sustainable Regional Development And Local Business Integration: The Case Of Lublin Region (Poland),"
Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 23-34, December.
- Anna Arent & Matylda Bojar & Nelson Duarte & Francisco Diniz, 2015. "The role of SMEs in sustainable regional development and local business integration: The case of Lublin region (Poland)," ERSA conference papers ersa15p611, European Regional Science Association.
- Veronika Poreisz & Szabolcs RÃ¡mhÃ¡p, 2014. "Global cities' Competitiveness factors among the Asian countries," ERSA conference papers ersa14p231, European Regional Science Association.
- Javier Martínez-del-Río & José Céspedes-Lorente, 2014. "Competitiveness and Legitimation: The Logic of Companies going Green in Geographical Clusters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 131-146, March.
- Burke, A.E. & van Stel, A.J. & Thurik, A.R., 2009. "Blue Ocean versus Competitive Strategy: Theory and Evidence," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-030-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Natalya Rybnikova & Boris Portnov, 2015. "Using light-at-night (LAN) satellite data for identifying clusters of economic activities in Europe," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 307-334, November.
- Wollni, Meike & Andersson, Camilla I.M., 2013. "Spatial patterns of organic agriculture adoption: evidence from Honduras," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 146715, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Martin M�ller & Allison Stewart, 2016. "Does Temporary Geographical Proximity Predict Learning? Knowledge Dynamics in the Olympic Games," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(3), pages 377-390, March.
More about this item
Keywordshealth care; healthcare; health care industry; healthcare industry; Nashville; Nashville Health Care Council; health care occupations; economic impact; industry cluster; health care services;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2010-07-24 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mts:studys:201002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/efmtsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Brian Delaney (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/efmtsus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.