Gouvernance de la coopération horizontale entre gestionnaires européens d'infrastructures ferroviaires et interopérabilité
The aim of this paper is to scope the different institutional possibilities offered to the Europeans infrastructure managers into obtaining the most efficient cooperation between them and evaluate the possible effects of the European commission policy on this topic. The goal of this cooperation is to drastically improve the European railways networks interoperability that include the strategic development of European standards on infrastructure and infostructure, and the operational management of traffic needing at least some commons rules of management. We compare three modes of governance : integration, contracts driven by the European commission, and informal cooperation. We thus use neo-institutionalist approach, an historical approach and some evolutionary results into understanding the evolution of the European railways characterised by both technological and organisational lock-in, and important changing costs. We develop concept of cognitive changing costs. Our empirical work is based on interviews, empirical surveys, Eurostat data and specialised literature reading on railways technologies.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13|
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Michel Glachant, 2002.
"L'approche néo-institutionnelle de la réforme des industries de réseaux,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 53(3), pages 425-435.
- Jean-Michel Glachant, 2002. "L'approche néo-institutionnelle de la réforme des industries de réseaux," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 53(3), pages 425-435.
- Claude HENRY, 1996. "Concurrence et services publics dans l'Union Europeenne," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9608, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Richard N. Langlois, 1995. "Transaction Costs, Production Costs, and the Passage of Time," Working papers 1995-03, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Teece, David J., 1993.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- Teece, David J., 1986. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Shy,Oz, 2001.
"The Economics of Network Industries,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805001, December.
- D. Foray, 1990. "Exploitation des externalités de réseau versus évolution des normes : les formes d'organisation face au dilemme de l'efficacité, dans le domaine des technologies de réseau," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 51(1), pages 113-140.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:r04043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.