A New Correlation Coefficient for Bivariate Time-Series Data
Correlation in time series has recently recieved a lot of attentions. Its usage has been getting an important role in Social Science and Finance. For example, pair trading in Finance is interested with the correlation between stock prices, returns etc. In general, Pearsonís correlation coefficient is seen in the area, although it has many assumptions which restrict its usage. In here, we introduce a new correlation coe¢ cient which takes account the lag difference of data points as a moment. It is more convenient to show the the direction of the movements of the two variables over time. We also simulate the main differences between Pearson's and our correlation coe¢ cients in some cases.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mscenter.bilgi.edu.tr|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ladislav Kristoufek, 2013.
"Measuring correlations between non-stationary series with DCCA coefficient,"
- Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2014. "Measuring correlations between non-stationary series with DCCA coefficient," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 402(C), pages 291-298.
- Zebende, G.F. & da Silva, M.F. & Machado Filho, A., 2013. "DCCA cross-correlation coefficient differentiation: Theoretical and practical approaches," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(8), pages 1756-1761.
- Zebende, G.F., 2011. "DCCA cross-correlation coefficient: Quantifying level of cross-correlation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 614-618.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msc:wpaper:201101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fatma Aslan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.