Simulating Cohort Demographic Characteristics for Australia
This paper describes a dynamic microsimulation model of cohort demographics that has been developed to consider the working lifetime in Australia. The model provides a valuable resource for studying dynamics in Australia since, in addition to the usual advantages of microsimulation analysis, Australian panel data is scarce. The model possess a highly flexible structure. Specifically, the modular framework of the model permits the addition or omission of cohort characteristics as desired, and the use of transition probability functions facilitates transparent sensitivity analysis.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 4th Floor, FBE Building, Level 4, 111 Barry Street. Victoria, 3010, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 8344 5355
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Akerlof, George A, 1998. "Men without Children," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 287-309, March.
- Cogneau, Denis & Robilliard, Anne-Sophie, 2000. "Growth, distribution and poverty in Madagascar," TMD discussion papers 61, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Fargeix, Andre, 1991. "Politically feasible and equitable adjustment: Some alternatives for ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(11), pages 1577-1594, November.
- Alan J. Auerbach (ed.), 1997. "Fiscal Policy: Lessons from Economic Research," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011603.
- Basu, N & Pryor, R & Quint, T, 1998. "ASPEN: A Microsimulation Model of the Economy," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 12(3), pages 223-241, December.
- Sutherland, H., 1995. "Static Microsimulation Models in Europe: A Survey," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9523, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:779. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katherine Perez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.