Maximizing Human Development
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Charles I. Jones & Peter J. Klenow, 2016.
"Beyond GDP? Welfare across Countries and Time,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(9), pages 2426-2457, September.
- Charles Jones & Pete Klenow, 2010. "Beyond GDP? Welfare Across Countries and Time," Discussion Papers 10-001, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Charles I. Jones & Peter J. Klenow, 2010. "Beyond GDP? Welfare across Countries and Time," NBER Working Papers 16352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Ian & Ferguson, Don, 1993. "Dynamic inefficiency, endogenous growth, and Ponzi games," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 79-104, August.
- Green, Jerry R & Stokey, Nancy L, 1983.
"A Comparison of Tournaments and Contracts,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 349-364, June.
- Jerry R. Green & Nancy L. Stokey, 1982. "A Comparison of Tournaments and Contracts," NBER Working Papers 0840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Green, Jerry & Stokey, Nancy, 1983. "A Comparison of Tournaments and Contracts," Scholarly Articles 3203644, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lars Osberg & Andrew Sharpe, 2005. "How Should We Measure The “Economic” Aspects Of Well‐Being?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(2), pages 311-336, June.
- Rivera, Berta & Currais, Luis, 1999. "Income Variation and Health Expenditure: Evidence for OECD Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 258-267, October.
- Krishna Mazumdar, 2003. "A New Approach to Human Development Index," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(4), pages 535-549.
- de la Croix,David & Michel,Philippe, 2002. "A Theory of Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521001151.
- Merwan Engineer & Ian King & Nilanjana Roy, 2008.
"The human development index as a criterion for optimal planning,"
Indian Growth and Development Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 172-192, September.
- Merwan Engineer & Ian King & Nilanjana Roy, 2008. "The Human Development Index as a Criterion for Optimal Planning," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1041, The University of Melbourne.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehmet Pinar & Thanasis Stengos & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2013.
"Measuring human development: a stochastic dominance approach,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 69-108, March.
- Mehmet Pinar & Thanasis Stengos & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2012. "Measuring human development: a stochastic dominance approach," Working Papers 1209, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Mehmet Pinar & Thanasis Stengos & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2012. "Measuring Human Development: A Stochastic Dominance Approach," Working Paper series 42_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; Human Development Index; Planning;
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2010-11-13 (Development)
- NEP-DGE-2010-11-13 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-HAP-2010-11-13 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HRM-2010-11-13 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIC-2010-11-13 (Microeconomics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:1111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dandapani Lokanathan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.