Human Development Index: A Non-Compensatory Assessment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luchters, Guido & Menkhoff, Lukas, 1996. "Human development as statistical artifact," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1385-1392, August.
- Krishna Mazumdar, 2003. "A New Approach to Human Development Index," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(4), pages 535-549.
- Tomson Ogwang & Abdella Abdou, 2003. "The Choice of Principal Variables for Computing some Measures of Human Well-being," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 139-152, October.
- Despotis, D.K., 2005. "Measuring human development via data envelopment analysis: the case of Asia and the Pacific," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 385-390, October.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, 1998. "The human development index: some technical issues and alternative indices," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 589-605.
- Srinivasan, T N, 1994. "Human Development: A New Paradigm or Reinvention of the Wheel?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 238-243, May.
- Desai, Meghnad, 1991. "Human development : Concepts and measurement," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 350-357, April.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Good and bad growth: The human development reports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 631-638, May.
- Sagar, Ambuj D. & Najam, Adil, 1998. "The human development index: a critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 249-264, June.
- Morse, Stephen, 2003. "For better or for worse, till the human development index do us part?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 281-296, June.
- Miles Cahill, 2005. "Is the Human Development Index Redundant?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 1-5, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koen Decancq, 2017.
"Measuring Multidimensional Inequality in the OECD Member Countries with a Distribution-Sensitive Better Life Index,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 1057-1086, April.
- Koen Decancq, 2015. "Measuring Multidimensional Inequality in the OECD Member Countries with a Distribution-Sensitive Better Life Index," Working Papers 1505, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Koen Decancq, 2015. "Measuring multidimensional inequality in the OECD Member Countries with a distribution-sensitive Better Life Index," Working Papers 386, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Development Index; Non-Compensatory; unbalanced development.;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000093:005899. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Facultad de Ciencias Económicas Unal). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.