Financing the Evolution of London’s Water Services: 1582 to 1904
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hugh Goldsmith, 2014. "The Long-Run Evolution of Infrastructure Services," CESifo Working Paper Series 5073, CESifo.
- Antonio Estache & Marianne Fay, 2009. "Current Debates on Infrastructure Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 27762, July.
- Philippe Marin, 2009. "Public-Private Partnerships for Urban Water Utilities : A Review of Experiences in Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2703, July.
- J. A. Hassan, 1985. "The Growth and Impact of the British Water Industry in the Nineteenth Century," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 38(4), pages 531-547, November.
- Matar Fall & Philippe Marin & Alain Locussol & Richard Verspyck, . "Public-Private Partnerships to Reform Urban Water Utilities in Western and Central Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 11723, September.
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water : A Cross-Country Analysis of Institutions and Performance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14884, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- World Bank, . "Private Sector Delivery of Rural Piped Water Services in Bangladesh," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 24784, September.
- Prager, Katrin & Schuler, Johannes & Helming, Katharina & Zander, Peter & Ratinger, Tomas & Hagedorn, Konrad, 2011. "An analytical framework for soil degradation, farming practices, institutions and policy responses," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114773, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lin Crase & Brian Dollery, 2006.
"Water rights: a comparison of the impacts of urban and irrigation reforms in Australia,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), pages 451-462, September.
- Crase, Lin & Dollery, Brian, 2006. "Water rights: a comparison of the impacts of urban and irrigation reforms in Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), pages 1-12, September.
- Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "Economy-wide implications of direct and indirect policy interventions in the water sector: lessons from recent work and future research needs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6068, The World Bank.
- Brian Piper, 2014. "Factor-Specific Productivity," Working Papers 1401, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014.
"Analyse structurelle des systèmes hydriques urbains en Europe : aspects organisationnels et défis patrimoniaux,"
Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(3), pages 51-86.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014. "Analyse structurelle des systèmes hydriques urbains en Europe : aspects organisationnels et défis patrimoniaux," Post-Print hal-01079092, HAL.
- Felgendreher, Simon & Lehmann, Paul, 2012. "The political economy of the peruvian urban water sector," UFZ Discussion Papers 18/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Diaw, Abdou & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath & Lahsasna, Ahcene, 2014. "Public Sector Funding and Debt Management: A Case for GDP-Linked Ṣukūk," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 22, pages 185-216.
- Fuss, Sabine & Chen, Claudine & Jakob, Michael & Marxen, Annika & Rao, Narasimha D. & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2016.
"Could resource rents finance universal access to infrastructure? A first exploration of needs and rents,"
Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(6), pages 691-712, December.
- Sabine Fuss & Claudine Chen & Michael Jakob & Annika Marxen & Narasimha D. Rao & Ottmar Edenhofer, 2015. "Could Resource Rents Finance Universal Access to Infrastructure? A First Exploration of Needs and Rents," Working Papers 2015.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fuss, Sabine & Chen, Claudine & Jakob, Michael & Marxen, Annika & Rao, Narasimha D. & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2016. "Could Resource Rents Finance Universal Access to Infrastructure? A First Exploration of Needs and Rents," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 230601, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Narain, V., 2009. "Water rights system as a demand management option: potentials, constraints and prospects," IWMI Books, Reports H042163, International Water Management Institute.
- Hailu, Reta & Tolossa, Degefa, 2020. "Multi-stakeholder platforms: Institutional options to achieve water security in the awash basin of Ethiopia," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 19(C).
- Wilson, R. Trevor, 2007. "Perceptions, practices, principles and policies in provision of livestock water in Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 1-12, May.
- Tanguy Bernard & Maximo Torero, 2015.
"Social Interaction Effects and Connection to Electricity: Experimental Evidence from Rural Ethiopia,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 459-484.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Torero, Maximo, 2014. "Social Interaction Effects and Connection to Electricity: Experimental Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 61303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tanguy Bernard & Maximo Torero, 2015. "Social interaction effects and connection to electricity: Experimental evidence from rural Ethiopia," Post-Print hal-03152303, HAL.
- Strand, Jon, 2012.
"Low-level versus high-level equilibrium in public utility services,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 163-172.
- Strand, Jon, 2011. "Low-level versus high-level equilibrium in public utility service," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5723, The World Bank.
- Lorena Viñuela, 2014. "Trends and Quality of Decentralized Public Investment," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1407, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Chapman, Jonathan, 2018.
"Democratic Reform and Opposition to Government Expenditure: Evidence from Nineteenth-Century Britain,"
Quarterly Journal of Political Science, now publishers, vol. 13(4), pages 363-404, October.
- Chapman, Jonathan, 2016. "Democratic reform and opposition to government expenditure : evidence from nineteenth-century Britain," Economics Working Papers MWP2016/21, European University Institute.
- Abu Rashed, & Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Faisal, Fahim, 2019. "The Performance and Challenges of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Projects in Bangladesh," OSF Preprints v2k3b, Center for Open Science.
- Gerda Dewit & Dermot Leahy, 2018. "Attracting Foreign Direct Investment in Infrastructure," Economics Department Working Paper Series n290-18.pdf, Department of Economics, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Never, Babette, 2016. "Wastewater systems and energy saving in urban India: governing the Water-Energy-Food Nexus series," Discussion Papers 12/2016, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Marja Hirvi & Lindsay Whitfield, 2015. "Public-Service Provision in Clientelist Political Settlements: Lessons from Ghana's Urban Water Sector," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 33(2), pages 135-158, March.
More about this item
KeywordsHistory of water supply; Evolutionary economics; Utility finance; Public service regulation;
All these keywords.
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Modern Monetary Theory;
- N83 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2015-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: DEMM Working Papers The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask DEMM Working Papers to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.