Gas thin markets:insights from bargaining and networks models
Several results from bargaining and networks microeconomic literature are presented and their main insights and applications to bilateral market power and price formation in gas thin markets are discussed. Bargaining models encompass the bilateral Rubinstein negotiations, bargaining between a single seller and two buyer, both symmetric and heterogeneous and negotiations in bilateral oligopolies. Models of price formation both in fixed and in endogenously formed buyers-sellers networks are also discussed.
|Date of creation:||01 Mar 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 02 50321522
Fax: +39 02 50321505
Web page: http://www.demm.unimi.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chatterjee, Kalyan & Dutta, Bhaskar, 1998.
"Rubinstein Auctions: On Competition for Bargaining Partners,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 119-145, May.
- Chatterjee, K. & Dutta, B., 1994. "Rubinstein auctions : On competition for bargaining partners," Discussion Paper 1994-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ebbe Groes & Torben Tranæs, 1989.
"Sequential Bargaining in a Market with One Seller and Two Different Buyers,"
89-22, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hendon, Ebbs & Tranaes, Torben, 1991. "Sequential bargaining in a market with one seller and two different buyers," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 453-466, November.
- Calvo-Armengol, Antoni, 2001. "Bargaining power in communication networks," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1983. "Sequential Bargaining with Incomplete Information," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 221-47, April.
- Corominas-Bosch, Margarida, 2004. "Bargaining in a network of buyers and sellers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 35-77, March.
- Muthoo,Abhinay, 1999. "Bargaining Theory with Applications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521576475, October.
- Rachel E. Kranton & Deborah F. Minehart, 2001. "A Theory of Buyer-Seller Networks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 485-508, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2006-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.