Stock Returns-Inflation Relation In India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Floros, C., 2004. "Stock Returns and Inflation in Greece," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(2).
- Ram, Rati & Spencer, David E, 1983. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 463-470, June.
- Rapach, David E., 2002. "The long-run relationship between inflation and real stock prices," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 331-351, September.
- Firth, Michael, 1979. "The Relationship between Stock Market Returns and Rates of Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 743-749, June.
- Arjun Chatrath & Sanjay Ramchander & Frank Song, 1997.
"Stock prices, inflation and output: evidence from India,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 439-445.
- Chatrath, Arjun & Ramchander, Sanjay & Song, Frank, 1996. "Stock prices, inflation and output: Evidence from India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 237-245.
- Bodie, Zvi, 1976. "Common Stocks as a Hedge against Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 459-470, May.
- Geske, Robert & Roll, Richard, 1983. " The Fiscal and Monetary Linkage between Stock Returns and Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Ali Anari & James Kolari, 2001. "Stock Prices And Inflation," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 587-602, December.
- S. I. Spyrou, 2004. "Are stocks a good hedge against inflation? evidence from emerging markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 41-48.
- Keshab Shrestha & Sheng‐Syan Chen & Cheng‐few Lee, 2002. "Are Expected Inflation Rates and Expected Real Rates Negatively Correlated? A Long‐Run Test of the Mundell‐Tobin Hypothesis," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 25(3), pages 305-320, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1982. "Inflation, Output, and Money," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 201-231, April.
- Lintner, John, 1975. "Inflation and Security Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 259-280, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rangan GUPTA & Roula INGLESI-LOTZ, 2012.
"Macro Shocks and Real US Stock Prices with Special Focus on the “Great Recession”,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(2).
- Rangan Gupta & Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2012. "Macro Shocks and Real US Stock Prices with Special Focus on the "Great Recession"," Working Papers 201208, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:jqecon:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40953-017-0075-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam & Ijaz Ur Rehman, 2016.
"Stocks as Hedge against Inflation in Pakistan: Evidence from ARDL Approach,"
Global Business Review,
International Management Institute, vol. 17(6), pages 1280-1295, December.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Islam, Faridul, 2010. "Stocks as Hedge against Inflation in Pakistan: Evidence from ARDL Approach," MPRA Paper 30970, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Mar 2011.
More about this item
KeywordsStock Return; Inflation; Fama’s proxy effect hypothesis;
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mad:wpaper:2008-038. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geetha G). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mseacin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.