Measuring Poverty in a Multidimensional Perspective: a Review of Literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- A. B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon, 1982. "The Comparison of Multi-Dimensioned Distributions of Economic Status," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 183-201.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- A. Atkinson, 2003. "Multidimensional Deprivation: Contrasting Social Welfare and Counting Approaches," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 51-65, April.
- Blakorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1980. "Ethical Indices for the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 1053-1060, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Díaz & Miguel Jaramillo, 2006.
"An Evaluation of the Peruvian "Youth Labor Training Program"-PROJOVEN,"
OVE Working Papers
1006, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Juan José Díaz & Miguel Jaramillo, 2006. "An Evaluation of the Peruvian "Youth Labor Training Program" - PROJOVEN," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3000, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Chtioui, Naouel & Ayadi, Mohamed, 2017. "Multidimensional Rank Based Poverty Measures A Case Study: Tunisia," MPRA Paper 79142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armagan Tuna Aktuna Gunes, 2015. "Measuring the effect of informal work and domestic activities on poverty and income inequality in Turkey," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01160532, HAL.
- Armagan Tuna Aktuna-Gunes, 2015. "Measuring the effect of informal work and domestic activities on poverty and income inequality in Turkey," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 15017, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Touhami Abdelkhalek & Ejjanoui, 2010. "Approche Multidimensionnelle de la Pauvreté: Présentation Théorique et Application au cas de la Ville de Marrakech," Working Papers 513, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 Jan 2010.
- Jorge Tovar & B. Urdinola, 2014. "Inequality in National Inter-Generational Transfers: Evidence from Colombia," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 20(2), pages 167-187, May.
- Jean Bosco Ki & Salimata Faye & Bocar Faye, 2005. "Multidimensional Poverty in Senegal: a Non-monetary Basic Needs Approach," Working Papers PMMA 2005-05, PEP-PMMA.
- Andrea Brandolini, 2008. "On applying synthetic indices of multidimensional well-being: health and income inequalities in selected EU countries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 668, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01160532 is not listed on IDEAS
- James R. Hull & Gilvan Guedes, 2011. "Rebuilding Babel: finding common development solutions using cross-contextual comparisons of multidimensional well-being," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td452, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Hounkpodote, Hilaire, 2009.
"Analyse Multidimensionnelle de la pauvreté au Bénin: une approche par les sous-ensembles flous
[Multidimensional Analysis of Poverty in Benin: A Fuzzy Subsets Approach]," MPRA Paper 27005, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2009.
- Viviane Azevedo & Marcos Robles, 2013. "Multidimensional Targeting: Identifying Beneficiaries of Conditional Cash Transfer Programs," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 447-475, June.
- Aloysius Mom Njong and Paul Ningaye, 2008. "Characterizing Weights in the Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty: An Application of Data-Driven Approaches to Cameroonian Data," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp021, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Cecilia Albert Verdú & María A. Davia Rodríguez, 2009. "Monetary poverty, education exclusion and material deprivation amongst youth in Spain," Alcamentos 0903, Universidad de Alcalá, Departamento de Economía..
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:20:y:2014:i:2:p:167-187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Ningaye, 2011. "Ethno-cultural diversity and multidimensional poverty differential in Cameroon," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 123-140, July.
- Gil Izquierdo, María & Ortiz Serrano, Salvador, 2009. "Determinantes de la pobreza extrema en España desde una doble perspectiva: Monetaria y de privación /Severe poverty determinants in Spain using both a monetary and a deprivation approach," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 27, pages 437-462, Agosto.
- Jane Kabubo-Mariara & Anthony Wambugu & Susan Musau, 2011. "Multidimensional Poverty in Kenya: Analysis of Maternal and Child Wellbeing," Working Papers PMMA 2011-12, PEP-PMMA.
- Paul Ningaye & Hilaire Nkengfack & Marie Antoinette Simonet & Laurentine Yemata, 2007. "Diversité ethno-culturelle et différentiel de pauvreté multidimensionnelle au Cameroun," Working Papers PMMA 2007-03, PEP-PMMA.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Pietro Muliere, 2004. "Welfare indicators: a review and new perspectives. 2. Measurement of poverty," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 247-281.
- Jesús Ruiz-Huerta Carbonell & Rosa Martínez, 2014. "Multidimensional poverty in immigrant households: a comparative analysis within the Europe 2020 framework," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-18, CIRANO.
More about this item
KeywordsMultidimensional Poverty Measures; Robustness Analysis;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-01 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:pmmacr:2005-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdvlvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.