Optimal Assignment of Liabilities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Grady, Mark F, 1990. "Multiple Tortfeasors and the Economy of Prevention," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 653-678, June.
- Steven Shavell, 2003. "Economic Analysis of Accident Law," NBER Working Papers 9694, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bergstrom, Ted C. & Blume, Larry & Varian, Hal, 1992. "Uniqueness of Nash equilibrium in private provision of public goods : An improved proof," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 391-392, December.
- Eberhard Feess & Ulrich Hege, 1998.
"Efficient Liability Rules for Multi-Party Accidents With Moral Hazard,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 154(2), pages 422-450, June.
- Ulrich Hege & Eberhard Feess, 1998. "Efficient Liability Rules for Multi-Party Accidents with Moral Hazard," Post-Print hal-00759758, HAL.
- Hege, U. & Feess, E., 1998. "Efficient liability rules for multi-party accidents with moral hazard," Other publications TiSEM e216300c-126c-4e48-ad1f-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Warr, Peter G., 1983. "The private provision of a public good is independent of the distribution of income," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 207-211.
- Ulrich Hege & Eberhard Feess, 2002. "Safety regulation and monitor liability," Post-Print hal-00459892, HAL.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Kornhauser, Lewis A & Revesz, Richard L, 1990. "Apportioning Damages among Potentially Insolvent Actors," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 617-651, June.
- Winand Emons & Joel Sobel, 1991.
"On the Effectiveness of Liability Rules when Agents are not Identical,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 375-390.
- Emons,Winand & Sobel,Joel, 1988. "On the effectiveness of liability rules when agents are not identical," Discussion Paper Serie A 212, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Kornhauser, Lewis A. & Revesz, Richard L., 1989. "Apportioning Damages Among Potentially Insolvent Actors," Working Papers 89-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ulrich Hege & Eberhard Feess, 2002. "original papers : Safety regulation and monitor liability," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 7(2), pages 173-185.
- Kornhauser, Lewis A & Revesz, Richard L, 1994. "Multidefendant Settlements under Joint and Several Liability: The Problem of Insolvency," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 517-542, January.
More about this item
KeywordsNegligence rule; limited liability; multiple tortfeasors;
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- K13 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Tort Law and Product Liability; Forensic Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:laeccr:0305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delvlca.html .