The Quality of the KombiFiD-Sample of Business Services Enterprises: Evidence from a Replication Study
This study tests whether the KombiFiD sample can be regarded as a high quality data set for empirical research on enterprises from business services industries. It performs an empirical investigation using the original data in a first step and replicates exactly this investigation using the KombiFiD sample in a second step. We find that large business services firms are oversampled in the KombiFiD agreement sample which leads to a higher share of exporting business services firms compared to the original data. After controlling for firm size and industries results based on the original data and on the KombiFiD sample are highly similar for West German firms. Therefore, the KombiFiD sample can be regarded as a sound base for empirical studies on West German firms from business services industries. For East Germany, however, the number of business services firms seems to be too small for empirical analyses, at least in the field of firm’s export participation.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander Vogel, 2009.
"The German Business Services Statistics Panel 2003 to 2007,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 129(3), pages 515-522.
- Alexander Vogel, 2009. "The German Business Services Statistics Panel 2003 to 2007," Working Paper Series in Economics 127, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Ulrich Kaiser & Joachim Wagner, 2008.
"Neue Möglichkeiten zur Nutzung vertraulicher amtlicher Personen- und Firmendaten,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(3), pages 329-349, 08.
- Ulrich Kaiser & Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Neue Möglichkeiten zur Nutzung vertraulicher amtlicher Personen- und Firmendaten," Working Paper Series in Economics 48, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Alexander Vogel, 2009. "Exporter Performance in the German Business Services Sector: First Evidence from the Services Statistics Panel," Working Paper Series in Economics 111, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Barry Eichengreen & Poonam Gupta, 2009.
"The Two Waves of Service-Sector Growth,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22914, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Alexander Vogel, 2009. "Exporter performance in the German business services sector," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(7), pages 1015-1031, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lue:wpaper:226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Wagner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.